Fiat 500 owners

mrsvonflik, Mar 30, 5:43pm
Hi any Fiat 500 drivers out there,Am thinking of buying one,

hotrodtodd1, Mar 30, 8:00pm
Im a former F500 Bambina owner. Our one had a nasty habit of firing hot oil out the dipstick tube which would then get on the ignition lead to the coil. Then that would fall off and the car would cease to proceed.

I would have another one in a flash. Theres something special about them that old Minis and old Beetles cant match.

But if you are talking bout the modern Fiat 500, I have no experience with them, but the Abarth ones look the best.

mrsvonflik, Mar 30, 8:42pm
Am looking at this years model,Thankyou for your comments,

fiatracer, Mar 30, 10:05pm
the only one I have driven had paddle shift - and unfortunately they move with the wheel [rather than remaining static, mounted to column]. Make sure you drive one around town - park it a couple of times, and so on. I found the paddles [moving] a bloody nightmare.

mrsvonflik, Mar 31, 2:35am
Will be trying out an automatic,I'm not sure what paddle shift is,

gsimpson, Mar 31, 2:44am
Upand downshift via paddles attached to steering wheel to manually select another gear. Quite handy when overtaking or approaching a corner. In the twisty stuff more reliable to make a grab for the gear shift as you can be sure where it is. The FIAT system is much simpler and nicer to use than the old fashioned PRNDL system some persist with.

tamarillo, Mar 31, 3:37am
From reports the twin air engine has heaps more character and Italian verve. Plus great sound.

mrsvonflik, Mar 31, 7:25am
They so cute probably not that practical but back seats fold down so lots of room for garden stuff groceries etc,Only room for wee grandkids in the back seat,have to sell my present car,

kiwi-kai, Mar 27, 8:00am
Go for it - took one for a little test drive the other week, was fun.