Denso air cond compressor clutch

johotech, Jun 26, 11:27pm
Can these clutches be "refaced" like brake disks?

Or failing that, any suggestions for a good place to buy a new one?
It is a Denso 447300-0611 9H 24V from a Toyota Coaster.

Thanks

bigmacnfries, Jun 26, 11:34pm
My guess would be Toyota.

intrade, Jun 26, 11:38pm
well i find it more and more that i have to get japanese parts from europe because they cant order them or they want to have 600% more then you can order them your self from europe its usually faster here from europe then the expensive ex japan 14 day wait. like a timing control valve on a myzda diesel cant get the part only whole pump for 4000$ ordered it off ebay for 175$ part number fits mazda and opel denso japan part made in japan shipped to germany orderd in new zealand and they tell you we cant get it at mazda . ummm yea dont buy a fkn mazda .is all i can say.

intrade, Jun 26, 11:43pm
i see what you mean only a china whole saler pops up with this part number on google.

intrade, Jun 26, 11:53pm
might have to go the secoundhand route?

johotech, Jun 27, 12:05am
Thanks Intrade. I might have to search for the compressor part number instead.

I found a place in Hawera that can reface it, but not really cheap. I'm going to check with an old local "can do anything" engineer first and see what he says.

bigfatmat1, Jun 27, 12:40am
Yes you can buy new ones from pan pacific or Ashdown via a auto sparky. Yes they can be resurfaced providing the surface does not protrude past the steel

griffs88, Jun 27, 2:38am
http://www.acshop.co.nz/ try these guys.

johotech, Jun 27, 2:57am
Thanks for the replies.
Its the Coaster clutch on this list.
http://www.megapower.com.sg/access.html

It is just the faces of the clutch that are worn and slipping, so I took it to a local engineer and he is going to resurface it. Easier than having to send it to Hawera, and probably cheaper as well.

ozz1, Jun 28, 3:44am
yahoo. some one whom is actually using local people. and keeping dollars locally. GOOD TO HEAR. instead of buying from overseas. keeps KIWIS employed. well done.

ozz1, Jun 28, 3:48am
if more people did this. then more local money and MORE jobs for YOUR children. well done johotech.

elect70, Jun 28, 4:00am
How did it get scored , they are either engaged or free running & no slip as its just magnetic attraction , did it get stone in it ?

johotech, Jun 28, 5:09am
The vehicle's done about 900,000km. Just worn from continually engaging and disengaging I think. It has a "climate control" type system, which doesn't have a separate A/C button, so without some fiddling with controls, the A/C will come on intermittently.

However the clutch clearance was also quite wide, so it is possible that the clutch engagement was weaker than it should have been and there was some slip.

Once it has been re-faced, I'll adjust the clearance correctly. It has two spacer washers at present. Probably one or both will need to be removed after re-facing. If it's still too wide, the engineer I took it to said he will machine the face which sets the clearance - then I can still use the washers to adjust if necessary.

Thanks for the other comments.

clark20, Jun 28, 5:39am

johotech, Mar 8, 10:21am
Cost $35 to get the clutch re-faced locally. Compared to $250+ (including bearing), plus freight, from the North Island company.