The fuel pipeline

Page 4 / 4
intrade, Sep 19, 1:20pm
are you sure you live in new zealand? This is perfectly normal .

intrade, Sep 19, 1:27pm
yes there is no problem just watch 91 to rise to the price of 98. but dont worry there is no problem. no problem for who no problem for these gungsters of course who cares about you who pays more . Thats not a problem, its also no problem to let 700 refugee in the country while people sleep on the streets and in there cars. no problem for the thugs that is.

headcat, Sep 19, 2:11pm
The plan was that, 'we probably won't be in office when it craps out so why worry'.

richardmayes, Sep 19, 2:12pm
Isn' it fortunate we've got you here to put us all on the right track. ?

bill-robinson, Sep 19, 2:14pm
don't worry. there probably is no tax due on the jet fuel anyway.

richardmayes, Sep 19, 2:30pm
It's not the government's pipeline.

philltauranga, Sep 19, 2:34pm
Soooo. did you google this or are you a also self appointed fuel line expert?

elect70, Sep 19, 3:17pm
Obviously Auck Airport doesnt more more than a couple days fuel relying on the wiri terminal . They transport LPG in tankers & thats far more dangerous than jet fuel . Meanwhile the rest of NZ is supplied by tankers . BTW is the tank farm at Seaview (petone) still in use ?

ema1, Sep 19, 3:28pm
Could be a few VAG owners scratching their heads then eh. said in jest.

yz490, Sep 19, 4:14pm
Think they're F16's but small point sorry & were scaring hell out of us last week on way back to Ohakea from who knows where. Second one powered up full song right over my house [i recon], loudest i've ever heard. Probably late for smoko, first home gets the cream buns, recon it shook the house. If they come here permanent it'll be a free air show regularly--yay.

yz490, Sep 19, 4:45pm
Only one thing for it. Battery powered 380's. Enough wingspan to cover in those solar panel things. No problem.

purple666, Sep 19, 7:57pm
But you would think with the money both the fuel company and airlines stand to lose they would have a large folder somewhere with PLAN B written in large type on the front of it.

purplegoat, Sep 19, 8:21pm
Nah it's all caused by those twats in 4WD's following to closely in a convoy up the Kaimais closely followed by a white Mazda . the blue Mazda crashed taking evasive action to avoid the pipeline response team

3tomany, Sep 19, 9:47pm
You can feel better under labour having done your bit travelling on an electric train saving the planet to catch a plane that takes 10 truck and trailer loads of fuel to fly.

rctr, Sep 19, 10:01pm
Pipe shold be easy to fix. kneed it, duct tape and cableties be done in an hour and back in use within 6. On a more serious note a 30 year old steel pipe in damp soggy soil must be due for replarment or at very least an upgrade

mrcat1, Sep 19, 10:21pm
It will be like gas line yellow jacket, it's fine if it doesn't get damaged, this line was damaged and not reported then corroded thru, I'm not sure if this line has a cathodic protection system like the gas lines around the country, whether it has regular inspections and pigging with an intelligent pig like the 30" gas line from New plymouth to Auckland does.

purplegoat, Sep 20, 7:28am
Well off ya go and offer your technical services . please come back and report on the results .

the-lada-dude, Sep 20, 8:16am
I hear the line was damaged by a digger. But I suppose that could have been eons ago, and now corroded ? Of course most intelligent people ask ' but surely there is a back up system, temporary fix ? ' even at say 40% usual flow rate, so they have time to plan for a permanent fix . but now I hear, that the airport don't have the ability to take A1 from a tanker ! . the pipe work and couplings aren't in place . ha ha . but Phil Goff the Auckland mayor is setting up a through road for the tankers, . too late mate

pcle, Jan 12, 8:48am
Why would you need more than one pipe?
There's only one refinery.