Man 'appalled' after $30k BMW 'thrashed'

Page 1 / 2
kazbanz, Sep 7, 8:59am
grangies Mate I don't agree. 75km/h may not be fast for a bimmer but its not their car and clearly they were driving like idiots.
I wouldn't like my car treated like that.

henderson_guy, Sep 7, 9:14am
That's nothing. You wanna head to the ports of Auckland and hear them g hitting the limiter as they drive cars off the boats.

tgray, Sep 7, 9:22am
It wasn't thrashed.
Holding it in low gear and nailing it to the redline would be thrashing it!
Although even then, one could argue otherwise.

flack88, Sep 7, 9:29am
Muppet was to dumb to realise had camera,he needs a slap for it have some respect.

socram, Sep 7, 9:39am
You don't thrash a car with a cold engine and no, he isn't being petty.

You have a right to have your vehicle treated with respect and even the company owner claims it was not acceptable, so what does that tell you?

saxman99, Sep 7, 10:23am
Wouldn't trust those c**** with my lawnmower.

sw20, Sep 7, 11:18am
Probably parked with this crowd because they were the cheapest.

simms31, Sep 7, 11:19am
If your vehicle is your 'pride and joy', you don't let other people drive it, especially strangers in what are possibly dead end jobs on very low wages.

I never use those places and make other arrangements for getting to and from the airport.

The only people I don't know who would ever get the keys to my vehicle are from the dealership.

kazbanz, Sep 7, 1:04pm
grangies-mate just thinking about your post and Its bugging me.
Can you honestly say you would be happy for your car to be driven by a total stranger like that ?

kestrel43, Sep 7, 2:37pm
"In November 2015 two Park n' Fly employees were disqualified from driving after being caught by police racing two customers' cars.

In another instance Neill Ellis, who left his car there while on a trip to Melbourne in 2014, posted a video on Facebook from his dash-cam showing the driver revving the engine, tooting, speeding through intersections and tailgating another car."

Then there's the 208 Google reviews including gems like "Terrible shuttle driver we thought we were going to die"
and people are STILL using them?

rsr72, Sep 7, 2:45pm
Incredible they're still allowed to tout for work at the airport.
People are crazy to entrust their cars to this lot.

muzz67, Sep 7, 4:11pm
Wonder who cops the speeding tickets?

rsr72, Sep 7, 5:49pm
Hear the engine revs on the video, and now on TV news.

stevo2, Sep 7, 5:50pm
Ok I have a question .
We are flying overseas on the 28th. we normally leave our car at Aeroparks http://www.aeroparks.co.nz/
and have been happy with the service every time. Who do you use?

toyboy3, Sep 7, 6:12pm
I use Emerates courtesy taxi from home

pdc1, Sep 7, 6:28pm
are these cars that noisy? Surprised me how unrefined it seemed. I don’t know, didn’t seem that quick to me, and if you take a boganised car to a place like that, aren’t you sort of expecting this to happen?
I doubt any damage would have been done, just a little bit of extra fuel. It’s not as if they were drifting it, or doing burn outs.
Media must be short of stories at the moment.

2sheddies, Sep 7, 8:22pm
Bit of a contradiction from your original post there mate. You thought the guy was being petty at first.

If you take any pride in your vehicle whatsoever whether it be worth 3k or 30k, why the blazes would you entrust it to this sort of outfit.

2sheddies, Sep 7, 8:25pm
Reminds me of that rental car thread lol. So many folk love to thrash those poor things just because it's not theirs, whereas most, if not all us car guys would treat someone else's car with even more respect than our own.

rob_man, Sep 8, 7:19am
The bit that gets me is the way the owner's feelings have become news. The facts ma'am, just the facts.

nice_lady, Sep 8, 8:58am
We used 'park and ride' I think it was, some years ago. I did some research after seeing this problem of them hooning and using cars on Fair Go. The outfit we used does NOT require you to leave them a key. We would NOT use anyone who wanted the key !

peja, Sep 8, 11:43am
Park and Fly have a history of dodgy behaviour, I would never use them at any price

I use Park and Ride
https://www.aucklandairport.co.nz/airport-parking/park-and-ride

Reputable outfit, have used them over half a dozen times with no issues. The online booking system is pretty crap now though, used to be really simple and intuitive, now. its not so much

rsr72, Sep 8, 1:32pm
<----

peanuts37, Sep 8, 2:36pm
Dad bought a new 1965 Valiant AP5 and about a year later broke the windscreen when a stone hit it. Sent into well known panel beaters to have replaced on a Friday. Went down to Ashburton the following Sunday for a drive in another car and what did we see coming towards us at about 100mph, dads car out for a joy ride. Dad was not impressed and firm offered him the job free. Apparently one of the apprentices.

gsimpson, Sep 8, 3:37pm
It would go to the owner but owner should have no trouble proving they were not driving at the time. Particularly if they were overseas.

trogedon, Sep 8, 7:20pm
If there was a fire in the yard and they didn't have cars keys.
There has to be a little trust in the world.