Golf buggy brakes.

maclad, Jul 4, 5:12pm
Have two at work and brakes are useless, cables have no adjustment left. I have put new brake shoes in vehicles before just not buggys. So my question is, as I am meant to do this tomorrow, Do I need to back off the cable adjustment before replacing shoes. Please someone talk me through it. Any info, at all on this appreciated. I have adjusted the shoes prior on the spline but this only goes so far.

desmodave, Jul 4, 5:17pm

intrade, Jul 4, 5:25pm
i would imagin that you have to back things off. usually Clean logic used when you start doing the job.

maclad, Jul 4, 5:43pm
Another question, what do you do when cable adjustment runs out, Do you replace cables, Very much a novice just trying to learn. Do cables stretch and need replacement.

cabrio1, Jul 4, 8:17pm
Yes back off the cable completely.
Remove the old shoes.
Put the new shoes in.
You may have to adjust the arm on the spline at this point to suit the cable adjustment length.
Then fit the cable and adjust so the shoes bite the drum soon after you hit the pedal.
P.s I have no technical expertise on golfing equipment

desmodave, Jul 7, 10:14am
How did you get on ?

kazbanz, Dec 3, 9:00am
maclad Brakes is brakes is brakes regardless of what they are fitted to the principle is the same.
You need to back the cable adjusters off to at least half way and undo what you did on the spline. Fit the shoes Clean up the drums bung it all together then take up the adjustment on the cables.
Yep cables do stretch and corrode but before going down that track I would see how you get on just doing the shoes.
for an idea as to setup you might want to look at older quad bikes which have a similar system