Nissan March 2002 - Blown Head Gasket?

Page 2 / 2
desmodave, Aug 27, 9:28pm
Thats right , daughters 1st post said thermostat removed and made no difference . Your point is what ? or is that saying have fun with that . Sorting , or mow around it .

snoopy221, Aug 27, 9:46pm
mow around it .

Always zee best option if using a lawnmower tends ta blunten zem.
Mind you if ya using calvies or sheepsters no wukin furries about bluntening zee blades.

moot points bein zeee ole naffed thermostat will be zee cheap part that leads to zee deer part.
Being zee head removal and straightness check and hardness check and zee block trueness check.
And zeee inevitable case of money and time and skin removal being the returning to green lawn

marte, Aug 27, 10:05pm
My electric fan turns on if the airconditioning is turned on, regardless.

apollo11, Aug 27, 10:09pm
I bought a van really cheap because it had a supposed blown head gasket. Did a pressure test, compression OK. Replaced one of the leads and it was fine.

marte, Aug 27, 10:15pm
The car with the broken belt, she said she had been told by a proper mechanic " blown head gasket".
But I found the broken belt sitting where it had fallen off, on the skid tray beside the pullys.
But the waterpump & thermostat had been done very recently, but the belt was the original (208,000kms?) Belt? There's no adjustment on the pullys, it's got to be stretched on, and it must be the smallest Vee belt ever made, smaller than a washing machine belt.
It's not that easy to see though, right at the bottom of the engine, under stuff, and driven off the power steering pump.

There was a few other things wrong with the car that she never mentioned though. Auto trans has a 'gap' in between some gears were it over revs, spigot bush knackered.

the-lada-dude, Aug 28, 7:35am
Take it to a real motor shop for analysis, nothing to be gained here ! I doubt if you will want to repair it if the car has a ' blown head gasket ' what's a 2002 March worth ? if the gasket has gone, or the engine has overheated that badly, the head will be soft. meaning it's junk, I bet the garage quote will be $ 2500 +

desmodave, Aug 28, 9:09am
What do you call a real motor shop ? . If a new head was required , after many hours towing to a proper repair place like & knowing the cars value is fark all of fark all . I don't think there will be money thrown at . Could be an elaborate ploy to get her hands on my car .

desmodave, Aug 28, 9:25am
Bought a Husqvarna 359 cheap because it was low on compression , i could hear air hissing as i pulled it over . 3 lose cylinder bolts and 1 missing , nice easy fix .

the-lada-dude, Aug 28, 10:13am
" Could be an elaborate ploy to get her hands on my car ". is this the start of a mystery novel . ?

desmodave, Oct 13, 12:09pm
I could ask snoopy to help write 1 . Troggy would be on my case if i did it .