Federal tyres

Page 1 / 2
golfdiver, Oct 25, 6:20pm
Any comments regarding quality? Not necessarily looking to spend a heap, but don’t want rubbish.

m16d, Oct 25, 6:35pm
Years ago, my young fella bought his 1st car. a Mitsa Lancer.
It drove OK, but it handled like a bag full of arsholes.
Changing a few things in the back suspension made no difference.
The tyres were. Federal Flyhorse. when we biffed them away and put some dunlops on, it was a sweet little car again.

Just saying, thats all.

bobwyn, Oct 25, 6:47pm
I put some Federal super steel 595s on my Holden avalanche 6 years ago but have done over 50,000 ks on 2 of them and will get a couple more wofs yet I got a cut in 1 about 2 years ago and coudnt get any the same at the time so got a pair of Maxxis on the back they seem good as well and I put a set on the wifes Grand Vitara.

intrade, Oct 25, 6:53pm
jinyu / blacklion good tyres for lowest price.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JbRRwGhGvU

saxman99, Oct 25, 7:18pm
Had a pair on the front of an MGF a while back, they were just OK, nothing more.

thejazzpianoma, Oct 25, 7:31pm
Had some years ago, pretty poo.

serf407, Oct 25, 7:34pm
I would prefer to know what the vehicle the tyres are required for is and what performance envelope the vehicle is to be operated in.
Federal make street legal semi-slicks that are used in the targa through to the big 4x4 off/ on road tyres the Diesel Brothers flog off.
DMACK mix of UK tech and Asia
http://www.dmacktyres.com/road-tyres

nz_stacie, Oct 25, 9:19pm
Try Reid tyres nz maid

golfdiver, Oct 25, 9:46pm
Mazda suv 4wd . Highway use. Wife

golfdiver, Oct 25, 10:13pm
235-55-19

golfdiver, Oct 26, 8:56am
Thanks for that info

golfdiver, Oct 26, 9:00am
Another option is the Bridgestone tyre that the car is released with. The Lexus run the same tyre size and after 12 months they get a free new set. I know a bloke who buys and onsells the ones that come off. He does them for $500 a set. We’ve done this twice and got 30000 kms each time. Seems a reasonable deal but it’s a pain driving all the way to where he is based

supernova2, Oct 26, 9:02am

bowla3, Oct 26, 4:04pm
I need 4 of them? where

intrade, Oct 26, 4:10pm
well do you want to buy them thru me or do you go to auckland? i can list you 4 otherwise i can post where my supplyer is in auckland

bowla3, Oct 26, 4:25pm
I can get some fitted and balanced in Glen Eden, but I don't wish to go there if I can help it.I need them fitted and balanced.

intrade, Oct 26, 5:14pm
are you in auckland i am whangarei heads fitted and balanced . supplyer is manukau-east-tamaki

bowla3, Oct 26, 5:43pm
I'm in Dargaville.
I need 4. 225/70/16.
If you could set up an auction with buy now I will most likely accept.

intrade, Oct 26, 6:50pm
are you sure about 70 high because there is no such tyre in the menu
What vehicle is this for?

mals69, Oct 26, 6:58pm
Check out reviews for the bridgestone, you only
got one mrs, put a good handling, braking, in
the wet tyre on.

bowla3, Oct 26, 8:56pm
That's what's on the 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe

scuba, Oct 26, 10:16pm
so courier them down and fit locally.-If they are OE on a Lexus and you still get 30000 ks they sound like good value and quality even if you have a bit of extra cost.for fit/balance

intrade, Oct 27, 7:09am
can you look in the owner manual if it lists other dimensions? i would have to ring them if you really need That size.

intrade, Oct 27, 7:11am
The chevrolet bolt sure has some crap tyres on from new. i wotched the review . You can hear the tyres loos traction quite often so what ever they fit new is defiently nothing good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dA77yK-OuMk
5 min onwards sport mode.

golfdiver, Oct 27, 7:46am
They are the brand that the car came out with. I’d hope at over $550 a corner they were ok? Anyway she has found and bought some herself . Hopefully a bit quieter than the Bridgestone