Engine balancing a 327 chev

Page 3 / 3
sr2, Aug 12, 10:16pm
Sure you've not forgotten we're talking about a 9 port head?

snoopy221, Aug 12, 10:25pm
Keerist a nine port head
Inserts yella terra stage 3 not the early one with the allen bolt and threaded top cap and small valves LOL

muwaahhaaaa
Kicker is as ya know SR2.
If ya go too far with ya valve lift ya loose because of combustion chamber valve shrouding

Personally if ole Ken the cam man is still at Kelfords he'd probably do the usual mmm yeah but i gotzz a better one (probably with a coupla more degrees on the exhaust-LOL)

the-lada-dude, Aug 13, 8:03am
>>>>Have you got a interweb site or something with pictures ? <<<<<

as snoop mentions, . IN valve shrouldinding is a killer, but usually by valve dia increase and not lift . looks like this combo has been used B4 and works ? but this doesn't mean to say that it cannot be improved upon with little effort . my only wish is that you take the time to carefully match all the components into the best combination for your project

sr2, Aug 13, 9:44am
See the link at post #42. There are some pictures of the head on the 2nd page.

The YT head had some porting & flowing work done on it 30 plus years ago by the now long gone Cylinder Head Developments in Sunnybrae Rd., it looks as if there had been some effort made to reduce the shrouding. It made for a strong motor on the original X2 186 but that was in the late 80's. (Old cars are a bit like old girlfriends, sometimes the memory can be a little deceiving!).
Cheers for all the interest.

pfemstn, Aug 13, 9:56am
I thought this thread was about 327 chev,s !

sr2, Oct 27, 5:42pm
LOL.
Impractical asthmatic Holden sixes are far more interesting than antiquated V8's, (apologies again to the OP for the thread Hijack).