Hyundai ix35

stekar, Sep 7, 7:06pm
looking at buying a Hyundai Elite ix35 nz new 2010 petrol 2.4 awd, any info on these would be great, like are they thirsty, read these were 9.0lt /100kms, any blind spots, road noise, long trips, are they comfortable. etc

monaro17, Sep 7, 11:56pm
most of those questions you asked are purely subjective so you would need to jump in one to find out.

They are a great vehicle really. The interior plastics are quite cheap looking and feeling but this may not worry you. Personally I would opt for the diesel version but this would depend on your preferences, how far and often you drive and of course budget as the diesel will be more $$.

Drive one and see what you think :-)

stekar, Sep 8, 6:54am
thanks did drive one , seemed impressed by them, ,just reading a few reviews and all said different things, some good some bad.

db.price, Sep 8, 6:26pm
We took one out - wife didn't like it - little too noisy and had quite a bad roll compared to others.

Also if I recall had the reversing camera within the rear view mirror? Thought that would be a sensible place to have it but I hatted it - didn't know what to focus on!

But you may love it

purplegoat, Sep 8, 7:00pm
Having the reversing camera in half the rear vision mirror is fantastic , it means you have your head up and thus your pheriphal vision out front and sides is not compromised . I'm sure we have all hit or almost hit something with the front when reversing , simply because our focus is out the back
I loved it in my ix35 and miss it now

bwg11, Sep 8, 8:18pm
My opinion only, but I hate the small display in half of the mirror in my FJ - I much prefer the in-dash display in my wife's Swift Sport. In fact, I hardly use the small mirror display, preferring to use the big external mirrors and rely on the parking sensors.

db.price, Sep 9, 8:28am
For me it made my eyes go weird. Because you are focusing on the image in the mirror on the screen then the longer rear view screen.

Having the mirror and a separate screen just works better. You switch between screen, rear view mirror and side mirrors.

stekar, Sep 24, 10:58pm
we purchased one and we love it, ours has r. camera in mirror , I don't mind it, I still look out the window though.