Cars with excessive camber question

Page 2 / 2
tweake, Sep 16, 10:47am
would be interesting to see.
only way i can think off at the mo is bend the axle tube and grind the axle splines or diff gear hub spline for clearance.

ally-oop, Sep 16, 10:48am
Simply because they're dumb, and it's a fad.

hunter__, Sep 16, 5:31pm
Yep, I remember when we put shackles on the rear springs of the MkIII zephs to lift them at the back, not even sure why we did it, but everyone did in the late '70s early 80s. The coolest of the cool had the lifted back end AND full length lake pipes on the Mk4 zephs etc, made a hoo'er of a noise, doubt they are even legal these days.

Anyway car has a camber and width issue, and I want to get it set up for circuits. Current width is 1970mm and my trailer is 1840mm, so that's the first problem. Rear camber is 4.5 degrees as best I can measure it, on 10 rims with 15mm neg offset. Did all the numbers and reckoned that 8.5" rims with 26mm pos offset would fit under the guards. So was all set to go down to mags & mags and chuck my 3k on some wheels and some 225/45/17 toyo 888's.

Then I went ferk! what happens if when I straighten the camber out (back to neg 1 or 2 degrees) the top of the wheels come out, instead of the bottom going in like I thought it would, suddenly all my calcs are out the window, and I'll have to roll the guards or worse to get them under. That's why the original question is more about the wheel base change with excessive camber. And I ballsed up the year its not mid '80s, its mid '90s supra. Ta

the-lada-dude, Sep 16, 8:36pm
YES . You GOT IT . see if you think a little outside the square. . anything's possible manipulate the trailing links you can get a fraction of rear end steer

phillip.weston, Sep 17, 3:15am
A mid 80s RWD Toyota with IRS has a basic trailing arm type suspension, that when it is at the lower parts of its articulation, the camber and caster are greatly altered. It probably is just lowered too much.

snoopy221, Sep 17, 3:34am
made a hoo'er of a noise
lol sO dID yA. LOL
sO dIS CAMBER ADJ. LOL
u uSING DEE BOTTOM OR top ARMS TO adj>>>

made a hoo'er of a noise

using bottoms= inside guards-

made a hoo'er of a noise

using tops=W?T? F?

sTILL- made a hoo'er of a noise
LOL

esky-tastic, Sep 17, 7:27am
Why have a 235 tyre width when only 165 is actually contacting the Road?

ally-oop, Sep 22, 2:13am
Because it's a fad, and ya have a sheep mentality.