How can people not know how an engine works ?

kevlight, Aug 19, 9:03am
quote" fully electric sunroof, electronic ignition (no spark plugs to worry about) Quote"
does it give you confidence that maintenance has been done? or am i missing something ?

intrade, Aug 19, 9:05am
is it a diesel?

thejazzpianoma, Aug 19, 9:12am
Saab drivers are an interesting breed!
I wonder if this one is a professor or a doctor? That usually makes up a good proportion of the demographic.

hkjoe, Aug 19, 9:28am
Very easily. Ask my wife. (and daughter)

curlcrown, Aug 19, 10:22am
In the same way that none of us know much about the Kardasions, including how to spell their name. It takes all sorts to make the word go around.

nice_lady, Aug 19, 11:20am
Hubby tells of the neighbour who tried about 15 times to start her car one morning. Cranking it over and over and over. Untill, (of course), the battery died. She then came to the door and asked him if he could help "The car won't start - I think it could be the battery".

Ummm. Yep. It is now.

the-lada-dude, Aug 19, 11:27am
how can people not know how an engine works ?, . I would say, when you get right into the depths of the question 99.99% of people who visit this site wouldn't know how an engine works

how can people not know how to write an operating program for a computer ?

nice_lady, Aug 19, 2:48pm
More to the point - how can the vast majority of computer users have absolutely zero idea of what they are using and how it works ?

It's just like a car.

If the person gets in and turns the key and it goes then all is well.
If the person presses the computer button or the mouse button and what they expect to happen does then all is well.

If the outcome, (car starts, computer operates), is as expected then all is well. If it is not then the user 99% of the time has no idea how to even start to figure out the problem. So to paraphrase a famous saying "Who they gonna call?".

nice_lady, Aug 19, 2:50pm
Obviously something in the writers appreciation of the inner workings is 'missing' in the following statement:

poppy62, Aug 19, 2:57pm
Nah Mate! Google is the go to for DIY. Actually I don't use Google as My Wife Knows everything. I even have the Tee shirt to prove it . One of these.

https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/2446517-i-dont-need-google-my-wife-knows-everything-shirts

survivalkiwi, Aug 19, 2:59pm
Its amazing how many people dont know how the human body works or where exactly our organs are.
And for most of us our body is our most important asset.

the-lada-dude, Aug 19, 4:19pm
I have a harmonica, forever teaching woman where that goes .

gph1961, Aug 19, 7:12pm
blow your own trumpet

joanie04, Aug 19, 7:59pm
The ex was always asking my opinion of what was wrong with him, and when I would say what I thought, he would reply, how would I know you are not a doctor. Why ask me then? If I said I don't know, maybe see a doctor, I would get, but what would they know.

The same man said I didn't know anything about cars, as I could not tow a trailer. Well I never needed to. I can get one from point A to point B if need be lol.

socram, Aug 19, 9:26pm
Ignorance is bliss.

How many even know how do an emergency stop - with and without ABS?

tmenz, Aug 19, 10:05pm
'There was this one time at Band Camp. '

desmodave, Aug 20, 6:46am
Be plenty of Landrover drivers out there .Pump pump pump , if ya don't stop at least they've scrubbed some speed off .Unless your being trained or tested i doubt many drivers would practice emergency breaking . How many drivers can get a car back in shape after losing it .

headcat, Oct 21, 3:17pm