Is gull fuel any

Page 2 / 3
bumfacingdown, Jul 4, 8:50pm
What is the difference in Gull and overseas fuel?

snoopy221, Jul 4, 8:53pm
Gull diesel DOES vary and have had it drop seals-well causing **weeping**
Not a reflection overall on the brand more specifically the fuel from certain stations-and having been in the motor industry long enough to have seen the effects of **tanker wash** etc. a crook dump of fuel can happen to a fuel filling station.
So there are certain gull depots i will use and specific ones i will NOT use
from my experience

thejazzpianoma, Jul 4, 8:58pm
Something I have been wanting to say too but have been trying to avoid another letter. Had a mechanic I know do a complete 180 regarding their opinion on this after it affected their own vehicle.

bumfacingdown, Jul 4, 9:04pm
What is the difference in E85 in NZ and E85 overseas?

thejazzpianoma, Jul 4, 9:05pm
BTW. having a little chuckle at the trolls trying to stir me up in this thread. Pretty sure it was one of the very rare times that emailing my comments on here to a business whom I have mentioned has actually garnered a response. They must have been ecstatic.

snoopy221, Jul 4, 9:11pm
O M G Why? did they pop in and ya had ta use ya troll blocker? -LOL

bumfacingdown, Jul 4, 9:19pm
If he used a troll blocker he would not be able to post anything

supernova2, Jul 4, 9:26pm
Bit OT but I often wonder how accurate the autostop systems on the pumps are. I mean is every pump exactly the same or do some cut out quicker than others? I think variations in pressure, volume, damaged nozzles, trigger position (speed) etc will all have an effect on when the "stop" cuts in. If they vary then trying to do fuel efficiency calculations based on "fill it up" are pointless.
Being a tightwad I use Gaspy and just use the cheapest within 5 km of where I am so often every fill is a different brand. So far nothing has selfdestructed. As my closest for the last 10 yrs has been Gull the Lawnmower, trimmer, chainsaw all run on Gull. Just as an aside my old IronHorse mower had the same plug for 20+ years and started 1st pull every time. Pensioned off when the body finally fell to bits.

clark20, Jul 4, 11:40pm
They are talking E10 above, E85 is the same as overseas, I filled up with some today (my car being able to run on it)

supernova2, Jul 5, 12:01am
There's 4 Gull stations in Rotorua. Why would they bother bringing a tanker of diesel max and then only selling it from 1 of the 4? The other 3 have just normal diesel. Weird.

bumfacingdown, Jul 5, 7:44am
So that is a blend with less ethanol, correct?
Why is that such a problem?

intrade, Jul 5, 8:42am
Since about 10 years i keep telling one should use morreys diesel stop smoke wins edt - flashlube or any other Diesel additive .
The problem is the sulfur and no sulfur and bio crap This problem has slowed down. i make a new thread about this as i know exactly what how and why now.

s_nz, Jul 5, 9:52am
Some diesels ( such as the 4 cylinder vw amarok) have a big no biofuel sticker next to where you fill it up.

Probiably dont want to loose those custermers.

moparpete, Jul 5, 9:54am
I used Morey's 10 years ago after a mate told me about it. I used it for two years. Didn't make a difference at all to the car. Most fuel companies use there own additives for injection cleaning so really no need for another additive to put in the tank.

henderson_guy, Jul 5, 12:28pm
Hilarious. Troll slanders company on public forum. Troll receives cease and desist notice from company lawyers. Troll wonders why he's been persecuted. Troll then blames forum members for notifying company, even though it's highly likely that company staff are also forum members.
Silly troll.

mrfxit, Jul 5, 12:46pm
Sort of . . . . could even be.
Nark knows someone that knows someone higher up that has a bit of clout with someone higher up that can talk to the guy that can write legal letters

thejazzpianoma, Jul 5, 1:01pm
Have had to change back to chrome for compatibility reasons and it no longer supports my blocker. Not on here much anymore so it doesn't really matter.

It is funny how I am in their heads so much that they go to such trouble. Ebbetts and Suzuki have been a couple of others I know they have gleefully sent my communications too.

I have also had a few weirdo stalkers from here (more so general) that used to come into my place of business and then post stalkerish messages about having visited. The ones about my wife being there on her own etc were not nice at all. TM of course don't do anything.

Social pressure to have conforming opinions is a fascinatingly strong force!

kiwigoose1, Jul 5, 1:32pm
I was talking to a guy last weekend who owns a furniture removals truck. Its a Hino, dont know size of tank. He reckons if he fuels up at Mobil diesel, he gets 100km more from a tank than he does at Gull. I guess he should know as hes refuelling pretty regularly

bumfacingdown, Jul 5, 3:07pm
What is the diffference in price for that 100kms

theo35, Jul 5, 3:19pm
I never agree with anything you say thejazzpianoma except this^.

whqqsh, Jul 5, 3:40pm
also add in the stoppage time/cost for more frequent refuelling

bumfacingdown, Jul 5, 4:59pm
One step at a time, what is the cost for that 100km in fuel charges

whqqsh, Jul 5, 6:40pm
just looking at balance

thejazzpianoma, Jul 5, 9:16pm
Less fuel mileage (unless biofuel mix with less energy) would tend to indicate incomplete combustion. I would be far more concerned about the effects of that on the engine and catalytic converter than any difference in running cost.

This is especially critical with modern ultra high precision common rail diesels with egr etc.

bumfacingdown, Jul 6, 9:04am
And yet Europe is one of the biggest (Germany leading) users of E85