Is gull fuel any

Page 3 / 3
bumfacingdown, Jul 6, 11:26am
Because you shut up, had you had fact on your side there would be no need to

intrade, Jul 6, 11:45am
Yes and everyone ownes a broken brigs and stratton lawn mower and busted chainsaw over there.

bumfacingdown, Jul 6, 11:54am
Talking about cars intrade

annie17111, Jul 6, 8:29pm
x1
I fill my car every week and usually get about 580km out of a tank of petrol. Filled at Gull a week ago yesterday and today my tank is empty and I've only done 480km. Won't be using Gull ever again. I would rather pay a little bit more and get decent petrol.

djrandomguy, Jul 6, 10:13pm
we run our cars on Gull and have done for ages, no issues at all here. Did get a bad batch of fuel from Z once down in Tauranga, car ran bad on trip back to Auckland, once I topped up again it came right

mrfxit, Jul 7, 8:03am
Nice, condemn an entire company on ONE experience.

clark20, Jul 7, 10:04am
Are you sure, or do you mean E10? I don't think many Euros here are E85 compatible.

gammelvind, Jul 7, 10:36am
I was thinking the same, I pretty much exclusively use Gull, on a long trip I can get 800km out of a tank, but that can easily drop to 600km around town all week. Many stop starts and I know I am not the most economical at the change of lights. Tried other suppliers of 98, BP and Mobil and buggered if I can see any difference in range.

bumfacingdown, Jul 7, 11:03am
Thats even better, E10 compred to E10 in NZ.
Why is it so tyroublkesome in NZ but not overseas. That is what I am trying to find out.
Could it be our fleet is older and people do not take that into consideration when using E10 here?

mrfxit, Jul 7, 11:09am
Tried Waitomo diesel fuel a few times & everytime, it makes my van smoke badly on cold start up.
Otherwise about the same economy

peja, Jul 7, 11:15am
I've used Gull 91 in my daily car with no issues. Likewise use Gull 98 in my 38 year old classic periodically, again no issues. Fuel system was rebuilt about 20 years ago though specifically with the new unleaded and ethanol fuels in mind

supernova2, Jul 7, 11:44am
Why would that be? It's just Mobil out of a different pump.

mrfxit, Jul 7, 11:59am
x1
No idea but it's consistent the 3 times I have filled up there.

annie17111, Jul 7, 7:11pm
Its happened the three times I have used that Gull servo. I was talking to my local service station guy today and he was surprised and said all the petrol comes from the same place. But I get 140km off a tank (Gull I got 442 before empty and normally 580 before empty) more not using that particular Gull so will be avoiding it from now on. I do the same sort of driving every week, mostly all open road driving and very minimal around town driving.

whqqsh, Dec 2, 10:45am
at least he found it out fast, my post #8 backs that up nicely