Suzuki Swift

Page 2 / 3
slarty45, Jun 29, 6:01pm
Whats the guts with Fiat giving up selling the Punto in NZ
Was it the zero safety rating
or only a handful of tight fisted pensioners buying them
not worth taking up yard space

rovercitroen, Jun 29, 6:02pm
I like my Swift Sport (manual gearbox). My Sis in law had a Swift 1.4 auto. Not great on long trips - mainly due to the old tech 4 speed gearbox. She traded it on a fairly new Skoda Fabia and it is much better to drive.

cjohnw, Jun 29, 6:05pm
Where does the OP say a Fiat Panda is being considered?

tsjcf, Jun 29, 6:08pm
Fiat seem to lag behind in safety.
https://inews.co.uk/essentials/lifestyle/cars/car-news/fiat-punto-given-zero-star-rating-safety-body/
The Alfa Giulietta not much better.

thejazzpianoma, Jun 29, 6:10pm
It was replaced by the 500X
After 13 years of production of course the safety rating wasn't as good as a new model. However they are still considerably better in a real world crash than the Swift being considered here. But you are famous for trolling and probably already know this.

flack88, Jun 29, 6:14pm
If you read it its bullshit they very safe,look at windscreen not even broken,its good they have not got all that other crap,how many 'small'cars had *5 safety in 05.

slarty45, Jun 29, 6:18pm
What do you expect

OP was asking about a Swift & only a Swift

You jump in & try and ram something else down their throat

Fiat Punto makes history with first-ever zero-star crash-test rating
December 14 2017
https://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/news/99840366/fiat-punto-makes-history-with-firstever-zerostar-crashtest-rating

tgray, Jun 29, 6:19pm

tshop, Jun 29, 6:41pm
"S" for smooth. Suzuki have the best engines! what more could one expect from a firm that makes bikes cars and even musical instruments!, theyve even made a rotary engine in the 50s.

thejazzpianoma, Jun 29, 6:59pm
Yip we established that. It's what is so abhorrent as it's misleading.

tgray, Jun 29, 7:07pm
I think it's more appropriate to direct all posts to the OP rather than each other and let them make up their own mind.
Saves trolling and mud slinging.

tshop, Jun 29, 7:10pm
Safety is a myth one takes a life or death risk kind of driving a tin can on wheels which how I set up all my cars. Light & Tight Danger is cleansing.

cjohnw, Jun 29, 7:11pm
Totally agree. OP asks for comments about a Suzuki and the thread turns into a pissing contest because some troll doesn’t comprehend basic english.
I’m out.

thejazzpianoma, Jun 29, 7:11pm
Fair call, I have dared to suggest something not Japanese so the thread is probably going to become a mess anyway but we can try. I will do my best to not rebut the nonsense.

tshop, Jun 29, 7:14pm
No youguys keep it up got my popcorn & cuppa watchn the show!

greyman55, Jun 29, 10:48pm
I want to thank you all for your comments, so much to think about now, I appreciate your time

gobb, Jun 30, 9:54pm
In reply to serf407,only Swift Sport for Rear Calipers.

pauldw, Jun 30, 11:07pm
The Aus advisory mentions 1400s as well as Sports.

sw20, Jun 30, 11:33pm
Little piece of advice going forward Jazz.

If you are explaining, you are losing.

poppajn, Jul 4, 5:59pm
I have a 2016 Swift RSX auto and have been all over the South Isand in it. handles the Lindis Pass with ease and is very economical.

purplegoat, Jul 4, 7:28pm
The Suzuki swift is a overpriced bucket of dog turds
It’s only been no one in sales because it is no one
Most people looking for vehicles in this class don’t give a rats arse about driving dynamics and buy the Suzuki swift because it’s top of the sales charts . thus keeping it top of the sales charts and so the cycle repeats
The driving dynamics and equipment specifications of the Mazda 2 are far superior to the Suzuki in every aspect

purplegoat, Jul 4, 7:29pm
Exactly . try passing a B double in a passing lane and all you get is 6000 revs , lots a noise and no action

slarty45, Jul 4, 7:37pm
That sounds like a jap import Swift
with the belt between 2 tapered pulleys as a poor excuse for a gearbox

meow_mix, Jul 4, 7:42pm
Early Swifts were pretty bland affairs really, but more recent ones have cute styling including the black A-pillars, this styling has been popular among female car buyers who want a cute looking and reliable car and they don't mind if it doesn't have the latest 7-speed DSG gearbox.

purplegoat, Jul 4, 7:42pm
The reality is any 1400c car with a 4 speed auto will be a pile of dog turds on open road driving