Need Hyundai

ema671, Aug 28, 11:00am
Hi Guys , need a engine or just head for Hyundai Tucson 2006 G4GC GLS

2L . https://carjam.co.nz/car/?plate=DRG86 .

I think Hyundai elantra are the same or Santa fe .

thanks

intrade, Aug 28, 11:46am
look in turners wrecked car auctions and bid on a whole car with good engine ?

the-lada-dude, Aug 28, 12:00pm
same price, id go with the complete engine, make sure you hunt around and get a low km with warranty, usually engine supplier will want, cambelt and other bits replaced to validate the 90 day replacement cover . find a shop that will quote the engine change only, you supply oil / filters, cambelts etc, if the parts supplier offers 2 > 3 options, thake the lot on the proviso you can return parts for a full refund >>>>>>> try AUTO ONE for parts price, seem very compeditive and will probably give you a good deal, even if you aren't in the trade

the-lada-dude, Aug 28, 12:01pm
VERY GOOD IDEA . but make doubly sure you are bidding on the CORRECT model

supernova2, Aug 28, 4:32pm
Probably a few KIA models with that engine as well. Something deep in my memory tells me that there are a few different versions with the same G4GC identifier. Not sure if that actually makes a lot of difference once it's in the car.

poppy62, Aug 29, 4:45pm
I see that Pick a Part CHCH has a 2009 Tucson 2.0L currently. listed in the (1st) Special Interest listings.

serf407, Aug 29, 8:41pm
Hope the head is not one of those where the heads all fail due to lack of coolant changes or design flaw.
http://www.cylinderheads.co.nz/about-us

ema671, Aug 29, 8:56pm
thanks you all.greatfull

the-lada-dude, Aug 30, 8:04am
If you ever have the chance, tell us how you got on ,,,

supernova2, Aug 30, 3:38pm
Just a thought - did you try pricing a new head from Hyundai? Probably horrendous but you never know without asking.
Also why do you need one?

poppy62, Oct 12, 10:05am
Remember seeing a post on here with someone claiming they paid $15K for an engine. Pick-a- Part $450.00 is the way to go especially if the vehicle is Pranged.