HID Headlight bulb for Mitsi Colt Ralliart

headshotcoffee, Oct 18, 7:45am
Can anyone recommend somewhere in Auckland to buy a HID headlight bulb for a 2006 Mitsi Colt Ralliart in Auckland? The lovely people at Mitsubishi were only too happy to quote me $375 for an official one. Thanks-No Thanks!

ruby2014, Oct 18, 10:39am
They are very expensive and not easy to change either.
They are a special bulb so they are a lot more expensive than other bulbs.
You could go to an auto electrician & see what they would charge. We are in that trade and have just fitted two into a Nissan 4x4 and they retail at $95.00 each. They will be a D2R or D2S type bulb. (Gas discharge)
We had to remove the whole front of the vehicle to be able to change them.

tmenz, Oct 18, 1:57pm

wind.turbine, Oct 18, 2:01pm
you cannot just change the bulb, you must replace the whole headlight as the light output is reflected differently, and you will piss off oncoming cars and you should fail a WOF.
unless of course you are replacing an HID thats already there

ruby2014, Oct 19, 3:12pm
Please do not buy one from China. You have to fit the correct one for that vehicle. Sometimes a new bulb is fitted and then two hours later the igniter to it might stop working. Most of the vehicles have to be pulled to pieces to do the job, so a hell of a lot of work here. I know of someone who bought an aftermarket one for his Toyota, which was not compatable for his car, so he had to get the correct one from Toyota, which cost him $500 for the bulb.
The wattage is very high in these gas discharge bulbs, that is why they are so bright.

nz_stacie, Oct 22, 9:25am
I got one what type of hid bulb do you need

tmenz, Oct 22, 8:58pm
HID lamps are generally about 35 Watts as against standard halogen lamps which are generally 55 Watts.

pj2017, Oct 28, 6:44pm
If anyone knows a place in Auckland that can source and/or fit I'd really appreciate it.

ruby2014, Dec 11, 5:53pm
Go to an Auto Electrician.