Lost keys Ford Ranger PX2 replacement cost

thebluboy, Aug 19, 8:39pm
Lost keys for my ute. Have no spare. Sounds like replacement is going to be expensive. Anyone have any experiences with replacing their lost ford keys? Wanting to know if there's a cheaper option. Cheers

sw20, Aug 19, 9:14pm
Insurance.

geoff_m, Aug 19, 10:58pm
Job for a locksmith, won’t be cheap

alfred011, Aug 19, 11:05pm
Claim on insurance some can be hundreds of dollars

thebluboy, Aug 20, 11:07am
Is there anyone who has been through this process?

martin11, Aug 20, 11:25am
No problem if you have for a good locksmith place except for the fact you have no spare . You need to contact the agents for the vehicle . Probably expensive seeing you do not have a spare to copy .

allan_mac, Aug 20, 2:42pm
Just been extorted nearly $300 from Ford for a key for my aging Mondeo.

franc123, Aug 20, 6:57pm
What do you need to know? The process is that you arrange for it to be towed to a Ford agent, and, unless you are going to claim insurance, you wait for a phone call from them and open your wallet good and wide. You should never EVER operate a transponder key equipped vehicle without having a minimum of two cut/programmed keys in your possession. its big bills simple as that if you lose all keys. This could easily be an $800 job plus towing to fully sort out.

gph1961, Aug 20, 8:26pm
. and you will also lose the contents of your wallet
will you get 2 operational keys?

intrade, Aug 20, 8:49pm
thats not losta all keys . lost all keys means usualy dismanteling and reading decripting the immo chip. or force ignition on to read a dump and get the information . as the whole chip that had the information is now no existing where you could have cloned or hacked the login from.

thebluboy, Aug 21, 5:47pm
Got roadside assistance to tow into ford dealer cut and programmed 2 new keys $480 thank you very much.

thebluboy, Aug 21, 5:49pm
What I wanted to know was if there was a cheaper option
Than what you've just explained.

anchored, Aug 21, 5:59pm
We were quoted $450 from Ford for one key (for a spare) so you got off quite well - considering.

franc123, Aug 21, 10:00pm
You got off lightly, not everyone's bill is that cheap. Pays to be careful with them doesn't it?

thebluboy, Aug 22, 8:56am
Sure does

martin11, Oct 19, 7:08pm
Good job and reasonable cost , make sure you always have a spare from now on .