Getting car back on the road,

gallee, Aug 13, 9:03am
Car is currently unwarranted unregistered and uninsured. What needs to be done first . thanks for your help.

gsimpson, Aug 13, 9:08am
You need to show it has been previously registered in NZ and the police don't have an interest in it.

andy61, Aug 13, 9:10am
Depends whether the car rego has lapsed? When did the rego run out?

gallee, Aug 13, 9:20am
Reg ran our about a year ago, it was my fathers car and he died and car has been unused

budgel, Aug 13, 9:38am
If it is under a year, get a warrant for it and then you can register it, or go in and put the rego on hold so that it doesnt drop out of the system.

kazbanz, Aug 13, 10:19am
First thing to establish is exactly how long ago it was last registered.
If under a year the go do change of ownership into your name.
Then put rego on hold.-Do it the same time
Then take it for a WOF. I would recommend booking the WOF then take the car directly for a wof.
If its been 366 days (1 year 1 day) or more since it was registered then unless rego was put on hold before that the car needs to go get recompiled which will involve a new WOF

msigg, Aug 13, 5:25pm
Warrant of fitness, or compliance, registration then insure it if you want. Take it in for a warrant of fitness, they will tell you if needs a warrant or compliance and they will give you an idea if it should pass. All good.

intrade, Aug 13, 6:35pm
do what i say. the longer you wait the more the fee grows . if you cant put it on hold then its deregod its minimum 1000$ to put a deregiserd car back on the road again. otherwise its just the overdue fee for registration from when it expired.

intrade, Aug 13, 6:45pm
now if you can change owner then put on hold then its under a year.
Baycorp will then try and get the money from last owner.
I dont know if you can tell em to try and get the money from a dead person .
i would sure tell them that and also that i can help them on there way with a bullet if they want.

gallee, Aug 14, 9:13pm
Thanks for all your help

tim41, Oct 24, 4:15pm
god your a knob end