Less murders due to modern cars having

gunhand, Aug 25, 8:43pm
Keyless and remote entry. Stands to reason does it not. You always see the female (or male) running toward their car pursued by the axe wielding psychopath then fumbling with keys desperately trying to unlock car, or if unlocked then struggling with ignition key.
So now its run, hobble trip or whatever to the car, push the fob to unlock and jump in and press the start button. Or if you own a real flash car it will start while you approach.
I knew there had to be an upside to all this new tech (although press button start is older than I am)
However. there is always the ol flat battery to worry about.

snoopy221, Aug 25, 8:49pm
And here i was thinking such profound insight from gunnie would be .
That it's all gone to the dogs since the last camry?

LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOEAFRL1bmU

Not motoring but well worth a looksie-even has a damsel in distress.

gunhand, Aug 25, 8:56pm
If I had real issues with me Camry I would ask here, but I don't. I'm almost embarrassed I have no mechanical issues to sort. Even the wife's IST is going strong, although. it sometimes won't beep when in reverse, another Toyota fail no doubt. I'm surprised there has been no litigation all around the world about that one.

gammelvind, Aug 26, 7:47am
OMG no beep in reverse! Won’t that scare your offspring? Better push that danger to society off a cliff.

pauldw, Aug 26, 8:15am
Doesn't always work. I was surprised to trip over a Youtube clip discussing buying cars with bullet holes at auction in the US. Just being in the car didn't help quite a few going on the biohazard stickers.

amasser, Aug 26, 9:23am
Fumble for keys while running but reason doesn't apply in films.

trogedon, Aug 26, 9:33am
Cars are never locked in films (at least when people walk away from the cars).

kazbanz, Oct 15, 3:18am
Depends on where in the world--nowadays expensive car owners more likely to be murdered as their cars are so much more secure.