Oil filters on Trade Me

Page 1 / 2
gazzat22, Jun 11, 1:34pm
Listing 3128252956.Any one bought/used one of these.I,m a bit wary and would buy from Rock Auto but looking at their website the US doesnt have Mazda 2/Demio.! Maybe someone can enlighten me as to if they do and under what model/ name.

intrade, Jun 11, 1:53pm
That filter looks better then a F. filter if that is really what is inside that filter. With rockauto and other offshore you need to look at images and measurements.

tygertung, Jun 11, 1:54pm
Well it does mention that they are premium several times. Must be good right? Premium at a budget price.

I'd happily fit one to my old dunga.

intrade, Jun 11, 1:58pm
Premium is just a word could also say shite as thats also just a word.

lk104, Jun 11, 2:27pm
Why would you risk blowing your engine just to save $20?
Some things you shouldn't go cheap on - Oil Filters and Thermostats.

alowishes, Jun 11, 3:51pm
And Oil.

itsafamilything, Jun 11, 4:10pm
It is not the price. It is the quality that is the issue. There is no substitute for doing proper research wherever you buy from!

gazzat22, Jun 11, 4:32pm
My mechanic who is also a very good friend(and has been for the last 35 years) uses Ryco and has never had problems with them unlike the garage down the road from him who bought some xxxx filters and had 3 cars that he fitted them to have massive failures.Cost him quite a lot.!.Rock Auto seem to be approved by several here but they dont appear to stock filters for Demios 3 of which are owned by family members.These filters intrigue me as they have their details in English unlike those I,ve seen sold out of a suitcase.I may buy one and cut it in half for comparison with a Ryco.

franc123, Jun 11, 5:18pm
They will have the correct filter, you are just not approaching it correctly. The Z436 is a very common filter, you need to be cross referencing that number or even better the genuine number from Mazda.

https://www.oilfilter-crossreference.com/convert/RYCO/Z436

If that doesnt help I may be able to do this for you if you post the cars frame number.

tgray, Jun 11, 5:49pm
Price + shipping is $10, so you might save $4 rather than buying from Supercheap etc.

gph1961, Jun 11, 6:47pm
why dont you buy 1 from your friend

gazzat22, Jun 12, 10:20am
#11 FYI the seller is not a friend just an advertiser on here !

gazzat22, Jun 12, 10:26am
If thats the case thanks, I wont bother, just that so many on here tout how cheap Rock Auto are. And my question was if anyone had used the filters from the advertiser which seem remarkably cheap when compared with SCA/repco etc

gph1961, Jun 12, 5:18pm
my mechanic who is also a very good friend.

gazzat22, Jun 13, 10:53am
Sounds like you,re lucky then or just a smart arse.!

gph1961, Jun 13, 7:32pm
you wrote it mate
have another drink ya rs

trunks2022, Jun 14, 8:54am
Not sure what year Demio you have, but if you look at Mazda 2011 on RockAuto they have the Mazda 2 listed (same car), its also the same engine on the 03-07 shape so same filter.
Although you can get a Sakura filter from Supercheap for $9 so I'd just go there.

gazzat22, Jun 14, 12:12pm
FYI i dont drink.I stand by my comment on #16.And obviously you havent got any good Friends. which doesnt surprise me.!Goodbye RSAH.

gph1961, Jun 14, 5:00pm
in that case you should start drinking

gazzat22, Jun 14, 7:47pm
No Thanks Its obvious what it does to some like you !

gph1961, Jun 15, 6:37am
I dont drink
to spell out my point
why dont you buy 1 from quote my mechanic who is also a very good friend
sounded like he has a workshop?

gazzat22, Jun 15, 10:39am
He has had his own business for over 35 years and has a lot of regular customers like me.He combines Honesty with experience. Arent I lucky!

gph1961, Jun 15, 11:08am
so y not purchase a filter from him

gazzat22, Jun 15, 11:28am
I have and still will but was curious as to how these could be so cheap .! But as i said i may buy one and cut open as a comparison.

franc123, Jul 25, 7:17pm
Umm because theyre made in china by goodness knows who that have had a "NZ brand" slapped on them (that nobody has ever heard of)