Wof question audi a3

stockyz, May 26, 5:27pm
hi im after a bit of advice. I have a 2007 audi a3. lately the auto lights/wipers malfunction has started to come on. The auto lights work fine and the wipers work fine manually.If the lights and wipers are working fine,but the error light is on is this a wof issue? . Ebbetts in Hamilton have just quoted me 900 bucks to replace the sensor,the service guy told me it was 800 for the gel pad. Any ideas? Thanks

franc123, May 26, 5:39pm
No its not a WoF issue providing wipers and lights are manually controllable. Dysfunctional electrics and at least one warning for something is standard on VAG product, its really not something thats noticeable.

bryshaw, May 26, 5:44pm
Sad these Euro vehicles fail so easily.

rectech, May 26, 5:50pm
Sorry for you Very hard to negotiate your way out of this one, your vehicle is now tagged on VTNZ as failing a wof so no use taking it to another provider Unless you can somehow convince the guy who failed you you had best just get the light fixed A warning light would make it a difficult vehicle to sell anyways

saxman99, May 26, 5:53pm

stockyz, May 26, 6:05pm
Havnt taken it in yet its not due until October I was just curious as to weather it was a wof issue or not and if ebbets were way over charging for a new rain sensor. it looks to be only a 15 min job

intrade, May 26, 6:17pm
did you have a new windscreen fitted_?

tamarillo, May 26, 7:23pm
Well done you.
Take star for being so clever and don’t forget to tell your parents.

tamarillo, May 26, 7:33pm
Good thinking.
Lots of cars from all over have these sensors now and Audi have been using them for ages. Look around and import parts in your own sweet time.
I’d check rock auto.com but here’s eBay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rain-Sensor-Auto-Headlight-Light-Sensor-For-Audi-A3-A4-A5-A6-A7-A8-/164025915359

kazbanz, May 26, 7:34pm
wipers and lights work? YES - all good No - problem . But you’ll get the pad in the uk cheaper

franc123, May 26, 8:23pm
What absolute rubbish.

marte, May 26, 9:22pm
Get a good computer scan of it from somewhere where they know Audis.

Whats the battery condition like?

djrandomguy, May 27, 12:43am
Much better to be like the near new Hyundai's and Corollas everyone, ones that still don't have auto-headlights. unlike both our crappy 2003/4 Euro's.

If the feature isn't there, it can't break, great thinking, now drive off the forecourt or out of the parking building at night and carry on with no lights. Amazing - I mean the technology is only decades old now, but instead here's 45 cupholders and Apple carplay

sandypheet, May 27, 7:15am
You just dont know do you.

rectech, May 27, 2:57pm
So you would be happy buying a second hand car with a warning light glowing ?
And you are able to shop around VTNZ testing stations until you find someone who will issue you a warrant ?

franc123, May 27, 5:11pm
The statement you made above was completely incorrect and irrelevant and you have been told so by two different AVI's in this thread. I'd keep quiet to avoid further embarrassment.

msigg, May 27, 5:29pm
Listen to franc123, he is the man in the Know. Read the post and think.

intrade, May 28, 10:09pm

intrade, May 28, 10:11pm

tgray, Aug 2, 3:46am
I talked to a WOF guy about this and he said unless he went into a specific screen, he wouldn't know a car had previously failed a WOF.