Can someone identify this engine location please

budgel, Sep 28, 4:21pm
If you had a loose bolt, then it may be the gasket for the waterpump.

poppy62, Sep 28, 4:55pm
It's stuffed! typical unreliable Jap vehicle. It'll cost an arm and a leg in parts and to fix. I thought the "Large Nut" was a reference to the owner and I was about to concur. It's also probably the only old girl you'll ever get hot!

tamarillo, Sep 28, 5:04pm
Are we allowed to fight like with like? Thought Unrequested car zone bashing was only Against our euro cars? Go Poppy!

frank1, Sep 28, 5:21pm
Suggest you pressure test the cooling system via radiator

poppy62, Sep 28, 5:31pm
Hi mate! I can only assume his Keyboard batteries are flat. Or he's checking the listings for a VW (VAG) Amarok.

sr2, Sep 28, 5:39pm
I miss Jazz.

exwesty, Sep 28, 5:59pm
But is your aim getting any better?

poppy62, Sep 28, 7:51pm
It's a bit hard to determine whether it's a leak from the water pump or something above it. Have you checked the hose (top rad hose) for a split/hole. Or the thermostat housing. I'd hazard a guess and say that the water pump gasket (cheap Rice paper)) is the suspect. If as you say a bolt was loose, it may pay to tweak it up and see if the leak stops, before you start pulling things apart. Sounds expensive! LOL

poppy62, Sep 28, 7:54pm
Yes! he's now into Rock.

shakespeare6, Sep 28, 8:04pm
That looks like one of the typical leaks those get. Just above the leak is the horizontal flat with vertical bolt which is part of the front cover there is coolant and an o ring in there which like to leak . The other is the thermostat housing where it runs down the back of the housing and then along the water pump. In your picture on the right of the pump there is some faint green on the water pump this is where it dries down on.
Owned a few of these old girls over the years and they all leak in the same spot.

strobo, Sep 28, 10:19pm
If you go back to frank1 post #5 .If you can't sight it you can't call it! Put pressure into the system (motor cold) get it flowing and put an air gun into the flow to identify which demarcation lines it is leaking from .then from that determine the part or parts in question.

marte, Nov 13, 5:12pm
Mals69. buggered waterpump vanes if they are plastic.