Classics racing around Monaco.

reb53, Apr 30, 12:46pm
If you prefer older, ( real. ), cars then Youtube are streaming races from a few days back.
The link will take you part way into 8 hours of racing but you can slide back to the start.
You don't often get to see a D Type pushing a Maserati 300 around such a scenic track.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpMLOmBD_Fc&t=17921s

socram, Apr 30, 8:42pm
Grids this year were much smaller than usual. Certainly better on screen than live though they often don't cover the whole field on a (normal) full grid.

We went 2012, but to be honest, it is a once only experience, as viewing is restricted to the stand printed on your ticket - even though all stands are only about 10% full, compared to the F1 GP a week or two later.

Goodwood Revival is about 1000% better - though the weather is usually a bit cooler and no flash boats!

yz490, Apr 30, 11:16pm
Oh wow, thanks for the link. Gotta find a spare 8 hours lol. Watch a bit every night maybe--if i can stop watching. Yes Goodwood is just great too on youtube.

socram, May 1, 5:57pm
Goodwood this year celebrates BRM. That means they'll have at least one V16 running. Worth the trip for that alone.

reb53, May 1, 7:29pm
Yep, but they'll, as usual, be too scared to really wind it out, ( in case it blows up).
It'll putter around the track looking like a rather ugly, nothing special, old car.
You'll not hear that unearthly, ethereal howl that defined the V16, a centrifugally supercharged, 1.5 litre , 10,500 rev car.
If you want to hear it as it should sound, find a copy of the CD that came with Nick Mason's book, "Into the Red".
It's unlike anything you'll ever hear from the car World.

socram, Aug 14, 7:55am
I have the book - also YouTube videos.

Hall & Hall are building 3 'continuation' models from the original drawings.

They had one running at Goodwood 2000 and it was far from pootling around! My wife found it painfully loud.

The National Motor Museum's V16 has been rebuilt by Hall & Hall and fired up.