Page 2 / 3
strobo, Jul 20, 7:07pm
ok got the picture . thanx. Jasus & only $12 bucks

intrade, Jul 20, 7:09pm
300$ flashlight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jeUOX1QnEo
its about 180$ or so now but there is also lower gade ones

mber2, Jul 20, 7:14pm
How many people change the brake fluid every 24 months. Even the garage doesnt do that when you get a service they just top up if needed. I never changed it on any of my cars and never had a problem.

strobo, Jul 20, 7:14pm
Just stop it,pleeese lol now ya just showing off ;-) try jaycar for one of these usb charge light 5oo lum .i have 3 ,keep going missing ,i suspect other stolen .about $35,Only draw back no magnet hold and if ya get diesel in the rubber button it will fall off,for inspection great .
https://www.jaycar.co.nz/500-lumen-usb-rechargeable-led-torch/p/ST3490

strobo, Jul 20, 7:27pm
like i said before wof people can fail on contamination ie other stuff not rated for the system in use , the likes of moisture in brakes lines and contaminated steering fluids,all safety issues,if it needs topping up ,the system is either weeping or leaking

intrade, Jul 20, 7:28pm
did you look where you can fit that light it also has tilting beam on magnet. i seen onhanglow clones of that light . my one went in to a bucket of coolant on a tractor a few years ago. It all comes down to what you can work with i have 2 lidle handheld rechargable ones but they wont fit on the back of the engine on the firewall with beam in angle adjusted to work on a turbo. If you do get that light make sure its the top spec one . They are hard to get in nz.

franc123, Jul 20, 7:29pm
Unless you are following service schedules rigidly, not many. More often than not it diesnt happen because customers are not made aware of it. The issue of moisture absorption is more of a problem in higher humidity climates than ours. I do it personally on all my cars because it's only costing me the fluid, and it's a job I've done hundreds of times over the years.

intrade, Jul 20, 7:30pm
in switzerland they test the brake fluid on wof if it failed 1 point fail after 3 point fail test is aborted you are to bring a passable car to the wof place. It was worse then going to the dentist to try and get a wof for your car there.

intrade, Jul 20, 7:31pm
what the heck are you on about its 99% humidity outside

strobo, Jul 20, 7:35pm
I know what ya saying ,trouble with magnet i find my $300 ones going down the road with the truck! and some how they come unstuck! dont buy into overpriced crap like narva, nowadays i just use a cheap bunnings worklight ,ozito.if it gets run over i dont cry ,just go and buy another ./ the old lead lamps in steel cage with house bulb are long gone , dont know if ya can still buy them ,all cordless shit nowdays/the small narrow tube lights are great with magnet mount on fire walls ,with clip ons to the battery 24/12v .they are pricey i have 2 ,and still going strong.

intrade, Jul 20, 7:42pm
yea thats the thing . you would want a chain on the light to your belt. Rule number 1 no one borrows my tools. i still work with my Kraftwerk tool set that i fixed the 1982 honda vivic i once had in the middle of auckland with the broken cambelt. The new kraftwerk is really garbage now.

strobo, Jul 20, 7:58pm
that's right. I add . ,the moisture created comes from the heat and cool down of the fluid ie moisture is created and is absorbed within the fluid itself hence the term hygroscopic type of dot fluid .its fluid that is designed specifically to bind with it rather than moisture being left in big localized pockets in various parts of the system.It dosn't come from outside humidity.

strobo, Jul 20, 8:05pm
I shouldv'e been a butcher by trade ;-) only 2or 3 tools needed/ knife and sharpener!and maybe a hook and plastic bucket lol the kit I carry$$$$$$ seems to be for everyone elses benefit less my own .How did that happen .

strobo, Jul 20, 8:17pm
Only a minuscule amount of moisture comes from outside humidity,the system is sealed !Bar a vent cap , you will sometimes find some moisture lurking on the inside plastic surface . bugger all and the most of that will be from heat cool down within the reservoir space.

keith190, Jul 20, 8:41pm
My tractor brakes use atf Now that tricked me

electromic, Jul 20, 10:02pm
24 month changes in my house, have done for 30+ years. 12 months if I have been towing more than usual. Clutch hydraulics are 12 month changes.

strobo, Jul 20, 10:05pm
probably true . the wet brake system via the transmission? ;-) though some brake fluid is red ,green or even blue!

sr2, Jul 20, 10:07pm
Sorry to break the news but the system is not sealed.

strobo, Jul 20, 10:10pm
well yeah /nah/nah yeah! sealed in the cap ! some may have a simple pintel valve,share the good news why don't ya
A reservoir diaphragm for a vehicle brake master cylinder fluid reservoir has a passage in communication with the atmosphere defined between the reservoir cover and diaphragm. . The seal prevents pasage of air between the reservoir and the passageway when the reservoir substantially equals the atmospheric pressure.They're sealed, but not at pressurized, to make it simple. The rubber diaphragm allows the fluid level to drop without bringing in moist, outside air into contact with the fluid.

strobo, Jul 20, 10:22pm
I recall this being debated a while ago here on the boards.

sr2, Jul 20, 10:39pm
Mate, good try but you'll never win arguing with physics.

(And in my case many years in the industry before I realized there was a shitload more coin to be made elsewhere). :)

strobo, Jul 20, 10:47pm
snap on. , but i wouldn't waste that sort of money my self,id prob stand on it and its doomed at the hinge in need of duct tape,the younger ones in the workshop have them like a fidget spinner craze untill some other fangle surpasses them.

strobo, Jul 20, 10:58pm
Ha ha bit of a cheeky bugger . I'm not racing anywhere or anyone. only participating now days ! Quite happy with my coin & being in the industry means nothing just enjoy what ever you do .Wait . what. you were a car groomer and now a salesman or the hands on got a bit tiresome for you ? ;-)

sr2, Jul 20, 11:16pm
Nah mate; to old for the keyboard warrior stuff.
Happy to rest on my laurels - just called me an old shit-kicker.

franc123, Jul 21, 12:29am
Talking far more sense than the pigeon english gobbledygook crap you talk which hasnt improved in the last 20 years. Its 100% humidity behind your ears. What dork spends $300 on a hand held torch, your money is far better spent on a decent head torch which is far more use to an auto tech anyway.