Honda Fit Dash Lights Query

wayned, Jul 16, 3:32pm
Had a Fit Shuttle, 2012, for a while, don't use heater much - until now it is colder.
Does the A/C Mode Temp Up/Down dial illuminate at night.
Mine doesn't, other dials do, which is a pain. All works, but dark, wanting to check before I take it apart. Thanks

https://trademe.tmcdn.co.nz/photoserver/full/1365468434.jpg

wayned, Jul 16, 9:59pm
Appears it is meant to be backlit, removed stereo but the dials are all sealed units. Looks like I'd have to remove the next stage of dash, then take the actual dial apart and see what is inside.

intrade, Jul 17, 9:46am
i would not do this you end up with nothing working and you wont be able to gt parts anyhow. That unit can likely be part to make your engine and gearbox going as a central communications processing network.
Your going to end up having to buy a whole new unit with a repair bill close to 10 grand if you f---k it up and it is what i said it could be.
only proceed if you are 100% sure you know what you are doing.

kazbanz, Jul 17, 10:06am
Just to clarify. You have taken the Radio facia out .
Have you removed the next section of dash that contains the buttons for the AC and those dials/switches?
Generic answer for you is that Honda have gone over from bulbs to LED for those kinda lights. So unless something has shifted to block the led then its a solder job to fix it.
To answer your original question-Yes it does light up-the blue/red arrow are lit and the AC and the word MODE light up

wayned, Jul 17, 10:16am
Loosened the headunit and peeped in behind.
Haven't taken the next piece out, looked a bit more tricky. Also at the moment I have managed to get the bluetooth car kit etc working, so a bit reluctant to dissemble it. Took a while get that going with my lack of reading Japanese.

Just now that winter is upon us it is tricky at night to change the heater settings. I may just have to flick the light by the mirror on, till I get used to where they are.

At the moment I keep flicking the A/C on instead of changing the temp

kazbanz, Dec 22, 5:12pm
Taking that next piece out shouldn't be a hassle-the clips will be tighter than the radio clips