Chev 350 Exhaust question

v0rtrex, Jun 7, 6:40pm
I'm looking at replacing the single pipe with a dual pipe system, question is should I go X,H or just dual pipes? Standard 350 with 4 barrel Edlebrook and stock exhaust manifolds with a TH350 auto. Does exhaust scavenging play a role for a standard engine like mine or more for tuned performance engines?

The truck is a weekend cruiser/shopping cart/wheel barrow driven several times a week, not looking for massive performance gains but a bit more in the bottom end would be nice. mostly looking for more volume and that stereo V8 sound.

The engine also has the emission control kit from California which isn't required here so I assume removing that would not only tidy up the engine bay but help the engine also breathe a little easier?

Cheers.

clark20, Jun 7, 6:49pm
A cross X pipe helps with sound and power, H is a poor cousin version. Yes, get rid of the emissions control. Try to up the compression and fit a good cam will wake it up.

muppet_slayer, Jun 7, 6:58pm
I had a set of pacemaker headers on mine with 3 inch collectors then down to 2 1/2" pipe with a balance pipe between the two. Just behind the collectors. Sounded awesome and went like a cut cat!

car__parts, Jul 28, 11:53am
They say extra torque at the low end with balance and X pipe is best.