Cylinders:
6 cylinder
Engine size:
2500cc
WoF expires:
Nov 2021

kazbanz, Nov 30, 8:57am
Sorry mate I dunno what your point is.
Anything year 2000 and older can be imported under current law.
They are looking to change that soon.

intrade, Nov 30, 9:00am
Asking price
$12,495
anything below 10k you can regard as scrapmetal now and once these will be snapped up you can expect 20k upwards for year 2000 imports to fetch while the nz doller is more and more wortless and more and more expats know that 10k in repair for a modern car is the same as the 250$ service cost of a y2k model. thy gladly spend 20k to be able to drive the next 10 years on just oil and filter changes.
i looked in to it right now it will set you back 8 grand to import your own car private. Not to mention the risk of importing a rust lemon that wont comply or that its built 3 weeks to soon and wont comply cause its only 19 years and 350 days old. the 4 G extra is more then worth to pay for someone taking all that risk.

intrade, Nov 30, 9:02am
i would be interested to know what you know about law changes?

intrade, Nov 30, 9:06am
i had quite a few on the watchlist. The one i want of course dont exists on sale as always. i have had low milage 90s models on watchlist They are gone within 7 days some are gone after 2 days. That shows that they pay anything for something that dont bankrupts you to just do 1 service.
The other problem is all the stuff thats not fresh import on sale is likely full of expensive problems that owner sell on cause they have been told of the repair cost to fix it.

intrade, Nov 30, 9:15am
what i would want be a 2000 townace noah 4wd petrol or the regulus hiace with the long nose as i got no death wish for the deathtraps on sale that where never sold in europe cause they are deathtraps. or a other mb140 van as they will not crush up 7mm thick tubes with cross bar right under the front bumper wont give . in the frame a 500kg engine and transmission all forward of the driver to absorb any impact you sit on either side of the engine on a mb140 tank. The look the same dangerous as the hiace are anything but . chassi one weel off the ground the frame wont twist with 7mm thick tubular frame wall.
Otherone i looked at was a t4 vw van from emirates 50,000km on it with shelf in back was gone in 4 days also . The good old stuff sells ultra fast for top $$

kazbanz, Nov 30, 9:31am
so 4wd is a requirement and regulus or townace.

bumfacingdown, Nov 30, 9:35am
And to tight to pay the going price by the sound of it

intrade, Nov 30, 11:11am
yea i am currently on the track of a t5 4wd vw. i got a passat 07 AWD wagon it can carry less stuff in the boot then my 96 hatchback punto.
the hiace 4wd is a deathtrap with toyota you need about 0.5 meter metal to crush up in front of you , The new stuff i was going to buy a brand new crafter but they have EGR still despite the fact that egr is not required with scr. mind you that was from that moron who was going to sue me on here a while back so no wonder that was also just Bullox . in theory you dont need egr as urea does treat the nox . and the other ones have 2 turbo= they are time bombs So only old stuff really and fresh imports are more likely have had to be serviced as it wont pass a emission test if you dont change air-cleaners.

intrade, Nov 30, 11:19am
https://www.car.info/en-se/spot/374643
thats the only hiace they sold in europe the other deathtrap was never allowed to be sold. The townace who looks like this in 4wd would also be ok and no v6 if diesel a d4d would also be ok as i can fix them you cant repair no electronic injector pumps like in the KZ.
i was also looking for box trailers. but then you can buy a funcargo for almost what a trailer costs and i would need a trailer if i keep the passat . i am looking at tool boxes only maybe i can squash in a 40 inch toolbox in the boot of the huge mother passat.
the astra and the punto are like 1.2 meter wide in the boot 20 cm wider then the passat with 100 tousend airbags its got no room cause the airbags take all the space up everywhere.
thats the shape i look for as its got metal to crush before you are the crush zone

saki, Nov 30, 12:55pm
So would you be after spending 300$ on a torch.

msigg, Nov 30, 1:46pm
Getting a bit paranoid i think. It happens living by yourself sometimes

franc123, Nov 30, 2:33pm
Nah just a bit of a technophobe I think. The golden rule as it always has been with new cars is do servicing by the book and get rid of it before it's done too many kms and you will be fine. You should also not buy a diesel vehicle unless it's absolutely neccessary either, again, that has always been a sensible rule to follow.

cjohnw, Nov 30, 2:37pm
How many is too many kms?
Not being a smartarse, just interested in what others think.

tygertung, Nov 30, 3:14pm
I'd say about 300k for a 90s car.

sw20, Nov 30, 4:17pm
That is one sweet looking wagon in the two tone intrade.

1JZ engine bulletproof.

If you need anyone to drive it north for you, let me know. I can get deals on ferry and cheap flights back south.

intrade, Oct 16, 1:09pm
i am not going to buy that i get it because i get latest car listings every morning 3 pages. and spotted a year 2k fresh import with 1 year wof. Looks like you found it also.
And yes its ok if i wanted another station wagon it probably be on my potential to buy list