Kazbanz Ractis CVT

cattleshed, Sep 29, 2:07pm
eg 2006 model 1.5L are the CVT's any good in terms of design and longevity? Of course regular fluid changes but do they last? Cheers

kazbanz, Sep 29, 4:55pm
The Ractis CVT /engine etc is the same as the 1500 Vitz/yarris even Aurus 1500. Im not hearing any horror stories about them and other that random issues not specific to the car (dead battery,radio issues etc) Ive had no comeback with them. They do take 2 full sized bicycles in the back

tgray, Sep 29, 5:45pm
Despite being a fine vehicle, they seem under valued to me. I guess there are still plenty of people that have no idea what a Ractis is, so perhaps get less online searches when looking to buy a Toyota.
Pure speculation of course.

cattleshed, Sep 29, 7:47pm
Thanks. Do you think there is resistance to the CTV and is it offered in a regular auto or manual perhaps?

kazbanz, Sep 30, 9:47am
The Ractis comes in cvt auto or Tiptronic cvt auto. That's it.
Ok I'll rephrase --in my experience those are the two options.
I've found that the main challenge has been that more "robust" people just can't fit behind the wheel comfortably. The seat height is fantastic but then even with the wheel sitting at max height theres a wheel /body clearance issue. Tall people have the same issue.
I WAS steering people to the Toyota Sienta that had that issue Nowadays its the Toyota Spade.
There may be some resistance to CVT but as most smaller jap cars are going/have gone to CVT its become normalised.

cattleshed, Nov 12, 7:13pm
Ok thanks for that. I am asking on behalf of someone else and I remembered you had spoken in favour of them generally. So the Spade has more space of the kind you mentioned? Thanks for your help!