Diesel heater in caravan

coolnzmum, Oct 24, 7:06pm
Who do we get to install a diesel heater in a caravan.

gpg58, Oct 24, 11:54pm
Can supplier not suggest an installer, or are we talking a cheap Chinese copy "parking heater" bought online, which usually most would install themselves, (including me about to do mine in bus). I am guessing it will be a very expensive job, paying someone too, if done properly, especially if any mods are needed to interior, to make somewhere to put it, and ducting, fuel tank and somewhere for pump that masks its noise well. Plenty of youtube videos of what folk have done.
Are there any motorhome or caravan builders or repairers in your area.

coolnzmum, Oct 25, 11:53am
Couple of hours to nearest coach RV builders/repairers. Brought from NZ online retailer off here and the brand name on box have a web site in Aussie. So probably a Chinese one not NZ made but not an AliExpress one lol. Might have to ring one of the ChCh RV repairers and see what price we looking at.

nice_lady, Oct 25, 3:09pm
Get it done properly. An incorrect installation might result in Carbon Monoxide poisoning and that's fatal.

gpg58, Nov 2, 6:40am
+1
especially if unit installed inside van, and exhaust leaks.
But also some cheap ones have porous castings, and leak exhaust into outlet airflow. so never use unless you have a good carbon monoxide alarm, and test it often.
Local guys here in canterbury, sell their own brand, which seems to be a standard chinese one, with there own controls added.(LF Bros nz pty ltd, - they do advertise on here).
They sell spares and very good kyocera glow plugs, as its very likely the cheap junk in it will fail soon, my first one did at just 4 hours old.
I have bought a new control board and loom etc off them, not cheap, but unlike the standard controls which just drop unit to minimum output at set temp, but keep running, so potentially room gets hotter and hotter, wereas these actually turn fully off, then go thru restart process when they sense a 2 deg drop, it also has voice announcements of what its doing.
They have also supplied a vastly quieter pump. (think kit was around $350 for all).
Perhaps ask them for info on installers.