Coffee shops that sell petrol

rctr, Jul 5, 6:51pm
Needed a h1 headlight bulb, the usual ripco and supercheap closed. Thought I would try the service station, could buy multiple flavors of lollies chips pies etc but no basic components for cars

2sheddies, Jul 5, 7:36pm
This has been the case now for many long years. Tampons and pads, biscuits, chips, confectionery and a full service cafe, not a problem. But you're lucky to even find a pack of fuses in the sparsely stocked car care section.

androth2, Jul 5, 7:37pm
If it was at night and your an AA member call them out

franc123, Jul 5, 8:36pm
Red shed have got a limited range of bulbs but they're only cheap rubbish. Mitre10 have a good range of Narva bulbs but naturally arent open at night either.

rctr, Jul 5, 9:14pm
I guess service stations figure alot of people these days don't know how to change a bulb and don't want to be liable if their staff do it and break something

franc123, Jul 5, 9:25pm
Some bulbs are awkward to change even for trained pro's. Headlights often require removal of the airbox or mouldings above the light, or removal of the whole unit or removal of front wheels to pull the mud guard splash shields back to access the back of the light, which involves pulling out scrivets with their screwdriver slots full of crud, or xmas tree clips which break. Then wrestling with a spring steel clip you cant see properly and aligning the bulb right, if you dont get that bit right then its going to mean a WoF fail next time because the beam pattern wont be right and. you get the picture .

muppet_slayer, Jul 5, 9:35pm
You're not wrong there. Sick of waiting to pay for my gas and some poncy ponce in front of me is ordering 3 take away coffees! Grrrrrrrrrr

saxman99, Jul 5, 10:43pm
Which is why I use pay at pump whenever possible.

kazbanz, Jul 6, 7:25am
a few gull servos don't even have a coffee shop

desmodave, Jul 6, 8:36am
Looks like i have learnt something , the name scrivet . I have an assortment of sizes + the push in types but never new they had a proper name . 1 thing i do know is if i buy a car or a quad bike there will be some missing .

gazzat22, Jul 6, 10:59am
Well there are so many makes,models and variants that even most garages cant/dont stock parts as its easier to just order from SCA or Repco or similar and the courier delivers.No Service stations now ,just petrol,pies and coffee.places. !.

wasgonna, Jul 6, 11:10am
That's why I always go to Gull and would so even if the petrol was more expensive.

s_nz, Jul 6, 11:24am
Based on what I see on the road driving around with a headlight out or a few weeks until you get a chance to get to a repco or similar (or fail your wof) seems more realistic.

andy61, Jul 6, 1:22pm
Thats why I always go to NPD self service! No pushy staff trying to upsell chocolates and lollies etc.

muppet_slayer, Jul 6, 10:35pm
Yeah I usually use gull speed lane, no going inside to pay. Just in and out fast as.

richardmayes, Jul 7, 8:16am
I guess 50% of their customers buy tampons or pads once a month, while 100% of their customers need a head might bulb once in a blue moon. What are they going to do?

When I'm on a long road trip, I generally seek out the big BP servos where I know I can get a coffee for the road and replace any blown bulb, and have a toilet stop, at the same time as filling my tank.

kam04, Jul 7, 1:29pm
[quote=richardmay -------- and have a toilet stop, at the same time as filling my tank. [/quote]
emptying out while filling up - yep, called multi tasking

bill-robinson, Jul 8, 10:40am
emptying out while filling up - yep, called multi tasking[/quote]
pubs are a lot better for 'multi tasking' as you put it.

elect70, Jul 11, 4:07pm
Ha when i bought my range rover it still had origonal spare set of bulbs for it in the glove box all had JLR on them . Last BMW i had also had a set inthe tool kit in boot lid plus fuses . Bet they dont have that anymore .Its Ok in Europe where can get these things 24/7 but not here . Iremember a garage in taihpe he stocked ford OHC belts & holden 202 timing sets friend had his go while on holiday going to taupo with the family got it done overnight trhere . Thats what you call real service .