STOLEN CAR FORD TERRITORY CHRISTCHURCH

fefe26, Jul 9, 7:18am
Hi posting on behalf of a friend. Black Ford Territory 7 seater reg CRA961 was stolen from my friends drive way last night. Just getting it out there if anyone had seen it dumped anywhere. Thanks any help would be appreciated.

m16d, Jul 9, 8:06am
Crikey. didn't know anybody would steal a Ford.

ntalke, Jul 9, 8:12am
Sounds like the key was left in it

monaro17, Jul 9, 8:15am
Bugger. What area?

fefe26, Jul 9, 8:17am
ntalke wrote:
Sounds like the key was left in it[/quote
no it wasn't smart arse]

fefe26, Jul 9, 8:18am
Westmorland area

brokebloke1, Jul 9, 8:44am
was talking to a friend of mine only last week about stolen cars and he said the ford territory is one of the hardest vehicles to steal as the anti theft alarm is one of the top that Ford supply to their Territorys.
He said its better than the XR8 alarm so they must have had to trailer it away as the fuel system shuts off if the correct key isn't used.
This person works for one of the leading insurance companys as a claims accessor for motor vehicles.
hope you get it back .

ntalke, Jul 9, 8:55am
Yep dead right,

Locked the key in the boot of a BF XR6 and had to get AA,the first thing he said was OH S--- Was told also it was one of the most secure

1 hour later was opened

franc123, Jul 9, 9:14am
That sounds VERY suss, how long has this person owned the car for? Someone has had a programmed key for it I'd say, Ford Smartshield is a pretty hard system to crack.

lusty9, Jul 9, 11:04am
ohwel 10yrs old over 160k on the clock hardly worth much.

berg, Jul 10, 3:19am
Having recently repaired one of these shocking things, I thought he would be happy to see it gone. Everybody loathes a car thief but every now and then they do some people favors.

mopsy3, Jul 10, 5:02am
Ford Smart Shield is Ford Smart Shield.

bryshaw, Feb 20, 8:12am
They wouldn't get far before it ran out of fuel.