Duke has chucked out The original Top Gear

trade4us2, Apr 28, 6:15pm
and replaced it with the new BBC Top Gear.
So we will no longer be watching Duke at dinner time.

cjohnw, Apr 28, 6:32pm
Let me guess what you don’t like about the new TG.
We watched one episode then gave it away.

trade4us2, Apr 28, 6:55pm
I can't stand any of the new Top Gear presenters. The BBC has no idea how to make programmes now.

tamarillo, Apr 28, 7:08pm
Gotta say the very latest top gear I’m enjoying again. It’s not same but still good in its own right.

budgel, Apr 28, 7:32pm
I gave up on Top gear when it decided to be a comedy show rather than a car show.

djrandomguy, Apr 28, 9:01pm
I'm sure they could fix it for fans of the older format with a few simple changes.

1. Anything with blue oval badge on it is instantly just the best car ever made.
2. Some thinly veiled racism or chauvinism.
3. They could punch a member of the catering team once every 6 weeks.
4. "in the world. "

sorted

skull, Apr 28, 10:12pm
"and on that note"

saxman99, Apr 29, 9:03am
Hammond - surveying the wreckage of something that’s upside down and/or on fire:

“Ah. That’s not gone well, if I’m honest.”

gammelvind, Apr 29, 10:01am
We have started watching Topgear from the beginning on Amazon Prime (S1 epsode1), even then it wasn’t a car show, it was a comedy from day one. The fact it was comedy was the reason for its success and that it didn’t cater for the trainspotters or pencil pushers,

amasser, Apr 29, 10:01am
Better to watch shows that are 12 years old and the cars? Hardly relevant.

trade4us2, Apr 29, 10:17am
Most of the news today is biased and not worth watching. It's better to watch comedy shows. Duke had a good hour or two of original Top Gear, Big Bang Theory and 2.5 men.

socram, Apr 29, 5:51pm
Correct and exactly why my wife and the next door neighbour's wife, plus several other female friends, none being petrolheads, thoroughly enjoyed it. None of whom have watched any of the replacements.

Neither have I - apart from the James Bond set.

kenw1, May 3, 2:20pm
3. it wasnt a catering person.

djrandomguy, May 3, 11:37pm
It was over a steak not being provided, yes it was a producer, but to make it simpler I wrote catering

rj-001, May 4, 7:18am
I don't seek out Top Gear anymore. Used to enjoy it but eventually grew weary with the format. That is probably just life, and I don't think that would change regardless of the presenters.
I will say that I think Chris Harris is quite impressive.
He is a proper motoring journalist and a good peddler, learning his craft under the likes of Harry Metcalfe (founder of Evo magazine)
He does a podcast called "The Collecting Cars Podcast".
It is entertaining, informative, and often has interesting guests from the industry.
If interested the podcast is on Spotify and no doubt many other places, or you could listen at their website here https://collectingcars.com/podcasts/

raewyn2, Aug 12, 11:43pm
Have they just got to the end of the re-runs of re-runs? I love [the old] Top Gear but have got bored with seeing the same programmes over and over and over. I love the NZ one but having seen it three times in about a week even got bored with that. Have no intention of watching the new Top Gear. It's a different programme and I don't like the new presenters at all.