Petrol brand

ianalice1, Oct 31, 11:01am
Does anyone know, for sure, what brand petrol does PakNSave use?
Thanks.

s_nz, Oct 31, 11:25am

gazzat22, Oct 31, 11:36am
Well our Local one in Pukekohe uses BP according to the sign on the pumps but as they,re independently owned it could vary.

jenny188, Oct 31, 3:39pm
most often it all comes off the same boat, but goes to the tank farm and from there the oil co's add their own additives.

saxman99, Oct 31, 4:22pm
I was there yesterday it now says Z.

bill-robinson, Nov 1, 9:11am
what difference does it make?

intrade, Nov 1, 9:15am
you dont really want ethanol crap .

bill-robinson, Nov 1, 9:45am
that did not answer my question did it?

bill-robinson, Nov 1, 9:59am
the "if you did" bit is worrying. i read a ststement and asked a question. i do not have the inclination to do web searches about rubbish.

intrade, Nov 1, 10:17am
you ask a question and got a corret answer but because you dont like the answer you claim that your question was not answerd . i am going to ignore your trolling efforts .

gazzat22, Nov 1, 11:03am
I,ll take your word for that as i now go to Challenge.

ianalice1, Nov 1, 11:06am
Thanks for all your, abpve, comments.
Was interested in the ethanol comments, as our car is "supposed" to run on ethanol, but never tried.
Since I bought my first cat, Austin A55 late 70's always used Shell.
When Z came along swotted to them, but now finding BP 95 makes car run better.
Thanks again :)

intrade, Nov 1, 11:23am
the problem is that ethanol binds to water just like you water down a wisky with water. but petrol cant bind to it and then "phase separation happens in the fuel tank" basically you get water with alcohol layer and fuel layer and when you draw water alcohol mix you can immagin what that will do rust stalling no start to name just some problems.

bill-robinson, Oct 29, 6:12pm
a lot of modern cars have plastic fuel tanks. never seen plastic rust, have you? but i bow to your greater knowledge.