Electric Mustang

Page 3 / 3
harm_less, Nov 21, 4:20pm

richardmayes, Nov 21, 5:45pm
Calling it a "Mustang" seems like a travesty. but then:

1/
Ford have been slavishly copying design details of 1960s Mustangs and hanging them off new plastic cars since 2005, this is only a little bit worse than that IMHO.

2/
You can buy a Porsche SUV, a Bentley SUV, a Rolls-Royce SUV, an Alfa Romeo SUV, a Lamborghini SUV, a Mini SUV, an MG SUV, and any day now you'll be able to buy an Aston Martin SUV.
I think all of these great old names are just marketing concepts and feelz now.
This thing will probably out-sell all models of V8 Mustang in its first 18 months. If you want a real old Mustang, get one!

mcfc11, Nov 21, 6:47pm
If the electric car is so great why does the government not have them?

mcfc11, Nov 21, 7:44pm
I agree on that. But they are telling us BS about saving the planet yet they don't drive them. Typical.

3tomany, Nov 21, 8:10pm
All the cars with low range are just commuter cars like Leaf. The good cars all have around 500km range.

mcfc11, Nov 21, 8:40pm
But the good cars cost too much, That's the problem

harm_less, Nov 21, 9:55pm
Give it a few years and EVs' pricing will go below that of the ICE equivalent as battery tech advances.

3tomany, Nov 21, 10:17pm
40-60k USA dollars not far different from current ice mustang. Yea mustang is not cheap either but plenty buy them.

mcfc11, Nov 22, 2:59pm
Why are you so bothered about 0-100?

mcfc11, Nov 22, 3:00pm
I was talking about cars like Tesla not the Mustang

mcfc11, Nov 22, 3:02pm

gunhand, Nov 22, 5:38pm
Perhaps its because not all of us are sitting at the lights tossing ourselves off thinking we are some kind of John Force.
And knowing what I know about EVs I would replace wifes car with one as it would suit her down to the ground. Most of her driving is just around town.

harm_less, Nov 22, 7:10pm
An article with plenty of negative connotations but little supporting facts. I was talking about the cost of Li-ion batteries falling in price to the point that EVs become equal (or lower) in price than ICE vehicles, which is predicted to happen in the next 5-10 years and will mark a tipping point in EV uptake. https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2019-04-12/electric-vehicle-battery-shrinks-and-so-does-the-total-cost

gunhand, Nov 22, 8:27pm
Fair call lol. I possibly have lost my mojo. Or maybe I just don't see the need for rip shit and bust every time im in a car. Ive been there done that got the scars and scares. I know a tiny amount about fast things.

gunhand, Nov 22, 8:41pm
Yep, Like you I reckon EVs or something else maybe will take over from ice.
At the moment every ones main argument is distance. How come they just don't get it. Most EVs are not made to travel 900kms on a charge, don't think any one has ever said they do. They are town/city cars plain and simple, but do have enough range for some to commute between towns. I know a guy who has one and he traveled 120kms a day to work (60 each way) and never ran out of juice once. As I said my wife would be a prime candidate for one, although she is a lead foot so the IST ill do for now.

3tomany, Nov 23, 8:41am
Mustang and tesla are about the same price.

3tomany, Oct 21, 4:10pm
Tesla model 3 is 30k - 48k Us dollars so roughly double it here.
I use the USA price to compare with upcoming Mustang at 45k