Toyota C-HR Hybrid

cjohnw, Jul 14, 10:48am
My brother in law is almost certainly buying one of these and asked me for my thoughts.
First impression was the rear window may be a vision issue but frankly I know very little about hybrid cars like this.
Thought I might ask in here if anyone owns one?
This model apparently.
Any owners?
https://www.toyota.co.nz/new-car/c-hr/C-HR-CYTL-NM1-06/?skuCode=C-HR-CYTL-NM1-06-2TC-22

mouse265, Jul 14, 11:42am
a good idea would be to go sit in one and see for yourself you could be surprised at what visibility it has

cjohnw, Jul 14, 11:56am
Yep agree.
He has test driven it and seems happy enough.
The rear visibility was my comment just based on the shape of the rear doors.
I haven’t been in one yet, obviously he has.

trouser, Jul 14, 1:48pm
Rear visability isn't great and small children cannot see out the rear windows as they are small and high set.

msigg, Jul 14, 3:09pm
I dont think u can see great out of any modern car. That's why they have rear camera. Apart from that it being a Toyota it will be very good.

807, Jul 14, 4:01pm
Plenty of vids on You Tube.

lythande1, Jul 15, 12:02am
Got good reviews in Driven recently.

cjohnw, Jul 15, 8:42am
Update.
He bought it.
Wont get it for about 10 days as they have to get his colour choice and put the accessories on that he ordered as well.
All up, was just on $40k.
Seems happy enough.

tamarillo, Jul 17, 10:37pm
Great reviews in Aussie Wheels mag and won comparisons but yes they felt it’s not a family car as rear passengers space rubbish.

toenail, Jul 18, 10:24am
For $40K, he should have got a base model RAV4 Hybrid ($43K). 0-100 in low 7s and stronger resell value. C-HR doesnt have the utlity of a SUV nor the handling of a sedan. It's a compromise of all sorts IMO.

cjohnw, Jul 18, 1:24pm
Funnily enough I mentioned the Rav4 but he felt it was bigger than what he wanted or needed. Only him and my sister now, so he wasn’t at all concerned about the Off road stuff - never will do that. And only very occasionally they have their teenage granddaughter in the back.
Plus, I think for the money he spent he got the top spec model with quite a few of the accessories as well and not a base model RAV.
As I said, he seems pretty happy. Will see on thursday when he picks it up.
Dealer did say they were anticipating very limited/low stock levels across the whole range in the coming 12 months.

toenail, Dec 21, 6:11pm
Yeah production has definately slowed down because of Covid. New car prices will creep up in the next financial year. Rav4 is actually quite a small car, even my sedan is longer.

I guess with the C-HR, they tweaked the engine a bit to increase thermal efficiency from 38 to 40% which gives it one of the best fuel economy figures.