Toyota Aqua X Urban 1500 Hybrid or Honda Fit Hybri

onzy, Aug 17, 6:10pm
What would be the better option? I am looking at a 2015 model of these cars.
I f you own one or have owned one can you let me know what you like and dislike about them?
Hybrid cars are new to me so don't really know much about them. Have tried listening to reviews online but find it so hard to understand the person reviewing them.
Can't stand the sleaze that comes with some car sales people so thought i would just put it out there.
I would appreciate any feedback you are able to provide me with.
Thank you so much.

tamarillo, Aug 17, 6:30pm
Onzy the best advice you’ll get on this subject on this forum will be from some very experienced and straight car dealers, except they might not feel like helping after you’ve insulted them.

sw20, Aug 17, 6:31pm
I was looking at an Aqua X Urban or an Aqua G G's for my mother. Drove a few, they drive ok. Don't expect any performance though. IMO they are overpriced for what is essentially a minor trim upgrade to a $8000 Aqua S spec.

Buy a Lexus CT200h.

kazbanz, Aug 17, 8:35pm
I’d love to offer advice but as a “ sleazy car dealer” my advice clearly won’t be apreceated

clark20, Aug 17, 8:50pm
At 5 years old I would be worried (my opinion) about batteries only lasting a few more years, they have got a lot better than the original Prius, however would the fuel savings pay for the extra expense that may come. A normal fit/Jazz would use very lttle gas anyway. Unless you are an Uber driver it may not be worth it. But Kazbanz would be the man to listen to, and heed his opinion.

kazbanz, Aug 17, 9:11pm
Aqua is a vitz/ Yaris to drive size wise and corolla power wise. Still a “town” car Fit is same as a petrol fit just a bit cheaper to run. Personally l prefer the fielder wagons

bigfatmat1, Aug 17, 9:23pm
that fit is nicer than a aqua. Both reliable as. They operate two very different systems and drive differently. So it really comes down what car you like the most imo. I dont think batteries are a issue personally in either vehicle, people will tell you batteries only last so long, however its not uncommon to.see hybrids with very high kms and original batteries. Yet people seem to neglect the 3k that a hybrid batt might cost to get replaced is easily racked up in repair bills on ice cars its a luck.of the draw thing. If a battery is a concern to you take out some mechanical insurance when buying the vehicle.

kazbanz, Aug 17, 9:55pm
Mat sorry mon when looking at hybrids I don’t feel that petrol engine maintenance should be a factor to consider when comparing to ice ie both run petrol engines . There’s a slight advantage but it’s fuel use where the advantages lie. — or don’t .

s_nz, Aug 17, 10:42pm
I wouldn't be too worried about a 5 year old Prius aqua battery.

My hybrid is 14 years old and still going strong.

Even if you do have issues, there is a strong aftermarket thanks to the taxi industry (who drive way more than any sane consumer) to get cells replaced, or an aftermarket traction battery at a reasonable price.

bigfatmat1, Aug 18, 7:34am
not maintained but repairs.

kazbanz, Aug 18, 9:38am
But a petrol engine and auto tranz is the "same" in both options. so if anything hybrid repairs are more difficult -simply because of access.

kazbanz, Aug 18, 10:06am
personally even though I stock and sell a range of Hybrid vehicles I still recommend people do the "sums" when it comes to hybrids vs ice cars
1) purchase price for the same car hybrid/ice.-Fit is easy aqua is a vitz
2) fuel costs over planned ownership time.
3) expected maintainance costs.
I honestly feel that for people doing 6k or less a year a hybrid makes no real sense.
Where they come into their own is for commuters or people travelling long distances all the time.
I genuinely feel the decision Aqua vs Fit is down to what the car is used for.
I prefer the space and origami seat folding in the Honda but far prefer the drive system in the Aqua. The Honda being a "full time" hybrid where the Toyotas petrol engine turns on and off

kcf, Aug 18, 6:42pm
Aqua all day every day, and twice on a Sunday.
Much more efficient hybrid system.
Jazz/Fit have more space inside, and are vastly more intelligent with the seat folding tricks. But I'd still get an Aqua.
(Had a Gen 3 Prius for 25,000km or so, and it was brilliant, if boring).

kazbanz, Aug 18, 8:03pm
Personally l reckon where hybrid systems are best is vehicles that are traditionally thirsty. People movers and remuera tractors

onzy, Dec 4, 3:07pm
Thank you everyone for your views. It has been very helpful.