Toyota Camry or Prius Hybrid

booboo117, Jan 22, 10:07pm
Hello,

This might seem like a stupid question but I'm traveling to Brisbane in March and I'm looking to rent a car and I see that I'm able to rent a Toyota Camry Hybrid or Toyota Prius Hybrid.

I see on there fuel ratings that the Camry gets 6.0L per 100KM and the Prius gets 3.9L per 100KM, could someone please tell me is just using fuel or the fuel and battery together!

vtecintegra, Jan 22, 10:16pm
In both cases its taking into account some battery running.

The Prius is designed for efficiency, has a slippery shape, a much more fuel efficient petrol engine, skinny little tyres etc. The Camry is more of a normal car with a bunch of batteries and the electric motor added and is a fair bit more powerful.

Note the current Camry just been replaced in the USA so we'll likely see a new model here before too long - make sure you take that into account.

booboo117, Jan 22, 10:23pm
Does that batteries have to be charged! Or can the car run solely on petrol as I'm not sure I'll bs able to charge the batteries since I'm staying in a hotel.

richardmayes, Jan 22, 10:26pm
Prius.

Just get in and drive it. Don't worry about the batteries, they sort themselves out, these cars are designed with drivers like you in mind!

vtecintegra, Jan 22, 10:33pm
Yep you just put petrol in and the car does the rest.

gadgit3, Jan 22, 10:41pm
If your going to hire get the Prius. They have alot more fetures.

vtecintegra, Jan 22, 10:53pm
Equipment levels are about the same.

Both cars are likely to be base models anyway.

a.woodrow, Jan 23, 5:47am
Round town running - prius
open road travel - camry
You'll want the extra room, and the prius doesn't feel great on the open road IMO

solarboy, Jan 23, 10:38am
Just buy a bunch of 20 packs of AA size to pop in the boot just in case.