2011 toyota corolla high K's

differentthings, Mar 18, 6:25pm
It's done 300,000 k. What are these cars like and anything to watch out for. I did a quick Google search and they said the 2ZR can use a bit of oil and the timing chain can become noisy.

intrade, Mar 18, 6:45pm
i would stay away from modern ones auto trans also used to need rebuild soon. unless you get it for 2 grand tops and it seems good

dlin9, Mar 18, 7:21pm
Oil leaks - usually from the timing cover and rocker cover. Water pumps are also pretty common to leak but relatively easy to replace

Otherwise just general wear and tear - 300ks is a lot of ks for not only the engine but transmission, suspension, interior trims etc

meow_mix, Mar 18, 8:05pm
The simple answer is, how is it's service history over it's life?

If you can find evidence that it's been well maintained then it could have many years left in it.

msigg, Mar 18, 9:37pm
Well it will do 400k if serviced properly, that year toyota are excellent for long lasting, this includes the gearbox, the price is the key, at that km I would say its worth about 2.5k, so if it goes good for a few more years then that is cheap motoring, over to you.

lookoutas, Mar 20, 8:41am
Still can't beat the 2.4 million K's done by a Rural Delivery Corolla.

cattleshed, Mar 20, 11:02pm
This applies more to modern tech but any timing chain will become noisy if it is not driven and serviced within acceptable to very high parameters. Thrashing, continual very short trips, neglect, inferior filters, oils and fluids, too high too low coolant concentration, operating without a thermostat / wrong or defective thermostat. All of the above and any of the above will eventually kill any engine and as we know some faster than others! In other words you can not go by Km alone. You have to look at the big picture. An engine / trans can be ruined in a very short time! In the case of the 2011 Corolla well there are a lot of highway kms so that MAY mean all most of those k's are at operating temp which would be one factor ticked IF that is the case. UNDER temp and OVER temp are both killers. Lots more could be said.

josephjdm, Aug 31, 5:10pm
Once upon a time i bought a 2008 toyota corolla hatch back with the 2ZR-FE engine. Bought it with 240,000kms, definitely liked to burn a bit of oil (no blue smoke tho) and it had a timing chain rattle on a cold startup. Water pump was whining, was able to replace it in 20mins, its a very easy engine to work on. car had definitely been neglected by previous owners. Drove it to 350,000kms with nothing but oil changes & frequent oil top ups to deal with the oil burn. Its still driving today with 400,000 kms. got to love toyotas.