A qustion for qualified mechanics.

Page 2 / 2
marte, Jul 20, 12:04pm
#1, Correct, at one work site i worked at, i just bought crap tools because they got stolen too quickly if i didnt.
#2, If someone knew how to use the tool. They would own their own & not lend it out either.

I dont lend out tools. They would get used for nefarious uses, by people who dont know how to use them, or fix them once they broke them, and they couldn't afford to get it fixed or replaced, which is why they want to borrow it in the first place.
Like my welder, at that construction site i would have got extra $ for supplying my own. Nah. So i get issued one, somebody ' borrows' it. It comes back stinking of hot silicon board & burnt insulation. Next im getting blamed for having a shitty welder. " We had to turn it up to 100% to even get it working ! "
I take a good look at it & find a crushed flat spot thru the insulation on the hand peice lead.
Yeah, they had dropped a steel plate on that lead, which now earthed out thru ' Something ' back to the earth connection. The residule power went thru the rod. Hence turning it up to 100%.
As soon as i pointed that out. The earth cable disappeared.
Just where was all that electricity going for several hours? Thru renforcing bar? Cables? Earth connections?

I wouldnt lend put my Copper loppers either. Nefarious reasons again. And a idiot in charge of hundred $ Copper wire cutters is likely to go " Look at me " as the hold one handle & swing the other, and lop off a finger.