5th gen Legacy opinion/experience

_peas, Apr 9, 6:32pm
Hi guys. Feedback please on 5th gen Legacy. Keen on the FA20 GT but these are up there in price as well as km which makes little sense. How does the 2.5gt compare in terms of drivability and economy (relative term when talking turbo subarus!) The 2.5 NA seems like a total slug on paper. is that true in your experiences? Its station wagon all the way and we've had a really good run with the 3.0r Legacy for 6-7 years so not new to the brand.

meow_mix, Apr 9, 6:43pm
The 5th gen Legacy was released in 2009/2010, there was a turbo GT wagon model, I don't think it had the newer FA engine but the good ol' EJ. The engine didn't make the 205kw/276hp that the previous model did. They are nice cars a bit bigger than previous models. Look for one with lower kms, can't go wrong.

_peas, Apr 9, 7:46pm
It got the FA20 in 2012. Return to full power for the Legacy. Do the CVT in the 2.5 NA give any issues?

sooby, Apr 11, 8:21pm
I've owned a few soobies and my 5th gen leggy seems as good as any.

It's a 2011 CVT 2.5litre non-turbo wagon altho won't be setting any landspeed records it does seems reliable so far, spacious, 5 star safety, tows the boat, mountain shuttle etc so ticks all my boxes anyways!

Perhaps you could try over asking at clubsub forums, plenty of 5th gen turbo owners there

_peas, Aug 22, 10:15pm
Thanks sooby. Done!