After market plastic hubcaps ?

afer_daily, Jul 18, 8:01am
any body come across a brand that doesnt ping off on the first corner you come to ?

pettal, Jul 18, 8:26am
thats what cable ties are for .

kazbanz, Jul 18, 8:29am
nope not a one and yep two cable ties fixes em . I flick mine with silver paint which hides em

xs1100, Jul 19, 12:45pm
depends on the off set of your rims, Autoconnect have some that wont come off CF94

gpg58, Jul 19, 4:49pm
Never had an issue with falling off, yet never used cable ties.
Ones i have bought were always a sod to fit on, had to be thumped hard while holding other side to get on, so zero chance of coming off while driving.
Just the basic chrome supercheap ones. Could be all the rims i have had, had a better shape to hold them?
I just noticed some mention - Adjustable retention ring
If i remember correctly, you move the ring up some ramps a few clicks each way, hence why i have mine as tight as can still be still thumped on.

https://www.supercheapauto.co.nz/shop-by-category/accessories/exterior-accessories/wheel-covers

curlcrown, Jul 19, 9:41pm
Buy the $50 ones, not the $30 ones.

mrfxit, Jul 20, 7:49am
Mostly, they fall off because ppl don't bother to look over their car in the morning & see a cap starting to walk off.
It's truly amazing what ppl can ignore about their pride & joy

bigfatmat1, Jul 20, 9:02am
lol come on now it cannot be their pride and joy if it has hub caps!

mrfxit, Jul 20, 12:45pm
Good point but pride comes in all sorts of colors & shapes these days

gunhand, Jul 20, 12:51pm

afer_daily, Jul 21, 7:43am
it gets worse / i go and get another set but what do i get . the wrong size . i keep them and get the right size and cable tie them on . end of story

gpg58, Jul 21, 10:19am
Did you adjust the retaining ring so they are really hard to fit? odds are if loose enough and only cable tied, they will rattle.

gazzat22, Dec 19, 6:11pm
The only one I,ve had to or seen cable tied are the original OE covers maybe because they cost so much like about twice the cost of a complete set of aftermarket ones and a fraction of the cost of having a "Kerbed"mag repaired.