Auto trans clunk

Page 2 / 2
mechnificent, Dec 30, 5:13pm
Yeah good onya. If you feel up to it, and for a bit of peace of mind, you could drop the pan, change the screen filter in there and check there's no metal in it. It's unlikely, but there are little roller thrust bearings in there that can sometimes get a bit of play and that can give a thud, but, if they are thudding, they are probably also making a bearing rumble noise as you corner or let your foot on and off the throttle. Actually, it's not a rumble so much as a whine. And, it's real rare unless radiator water's been in there from the trans cooler.
If you've just noticed it, I'd monitor it for a while. You know how it goes. It does something for ages, then you notice it, and start hearing it all the time and get worried. haha

frank1, Dec 30, 8:38pm
# cattleshed,yes does have a towbar, but I fitted it about 5 yrs ago and have only towed light trailers about 10 times, and previous owner was a lady so doubt she thrashed it, and she did service it.
Thanks all for your input

cattleshed, Dec 30, 9:39pm
hmmm makes me think it shouldn't be the trans

mechnificent, Dec 30, 10:23pm
Lots of things shouldn't be. but shit happens !

redhead18, Dec 27, 6:51am
Bro tis a TOYOTA.
5 getzzz ya ten it is slow when cold engaging reverse.
blocked filter standard issue. sheesh ya owned it for yonks and ya last had the transmission filter changed?

dead cold check delay to move start and shift reverse recheck again dead cold next day delay drive post results. K