Random Drive Shaft Falcon FG

v8_mopar, Aug 2, 6:12pm
This drive shaft is not in the workshop manual.

There are 4 or so different drive shafts for this vehicle. Most have a cv joint at the diff and a rubber joint at the gear box with a universal joint in the middle beside the center mount bearing which is what Im trying to replace.

My drive shaft has the cv at rear and a harmonic balancer up front and in the middle the two shafts are joined with a spline instead of a universal. The drive shaft is out and the spline will slide about 10mm but wont separate. The female side is encased in rubber and has little movement. It looks like the rubber in pressed into place.

Anyone come across this shaft? The universal joint shaft is easy to separate and I thought this was the only option they had to join the twin shafts.

sadmuddle, Dec 13, 8:19am
We bought a AU falcon years ago .bought it in Auckland it was so beautiful I was felt guilty driving it.How ever I soon found the ride was harsh. We should have returned the car.I changed the front tyres the shocks and for a while the front springs.In the finish we swapped it for a Holden We got $8000 for our $34000 falcon and also forked out another $8000 for the Holden same year same miles. Years later I was saying this to a salesman in the yard where we bought the falcon.guess what he said There was a problem with the driveshaft something was put in back to front maybe.