Speaking of cars

gunna-1, Jun 26, 2:08pm
I found an old cadillac i have my eye on, but i have five cars i need to get rid of, they are collectable but i want one of them to be restored, would a collecter take all of them for a reasonable price and not waste them to much, they all have running engines so i dont want them to just sit and sieze up or have a distributor and a couple of carburetors sold, would that be asking to much pawning them of to one?.

loud_37, Jun 26, 2:14pm
Depends on what type of cars they are.

apollo11, Jun 26, 2:30pm
Sell them, or don't sell them. Once they are no longer yours they are none of your business.

msigg, Jun 26, 3:54pm
Above is correct, you move on. Price is up to the buyer. Life is short. Just do it.

ronaldo8, Jun 26, 4:31pm
Exactly, you take their money you have sold your right to have any say.

cjohnw, Jun 26, 5:14pm
Yeah, I know the feeling.
I have a car for sale on TM at the moment that I would love to see go to the “right” buyer.
But at the end of the day it will probably be traded and then it will be out of sight out of mind sadly.
There are times in life when you just have to move on.
Good luck with it.

kazbanz, Jun 26, 5:21pm
If I could give a 100% accurate answer to that I would be a billionare

stevo2, Jun 26, 6:45pm
Instead of just a multi millionaire,- right?

gunna-1, Jun 27, 5:09am
They are mid 60s french cars, i dont realy want to say as i might get in trouble with tm for advertising, but there are just about none of them left, and they all drive, there are no parts anywhere apart from tiny bits and pieces on the market, there are two that could possibly be restored and two that are rusted to death and half stripped out, one car was a country registered one, one of the second to worst ones and has some brilliant kiwi engeneering under the hood for throttle linkages, and near new town and country tyres on it, where we had them stored i got to drive this one and it was a real blast, someone put a different carby on it so it went well, it had no breaks as the master cylender was siezed, but the rust has got it to much for anyone more sane than me to drive it even off road, but the engine is sweet as a dime and very rebuildable, it will need one busted frostplug fixed and stripped down and freshened up to iron out a few bugs, but it is basicaly a sound running motor, just with a bolt holding water back from a hole in the frost plug.

poppy62, Jun 27, 11:43am
He's already in that realm. A few more shipments and he's nearing his dream.

poppy62, Jun 27, 11:47am
The cadillac probably has more rust in it than all 5 French jobs put together. Nephew has 3 older Cadillacs all have issues in some way.

gunna-1, Jun 27, 1:02pm
Its deregistered, with a massive v8 in it, it has some surface rust but nothing that wont buff out, i dont know what the chassis is like on it, i was going to get rid of the french cars and tidy the caddy up and put some stale plates on it just so it looks legitimate sitting in the back yard and use it as an ashtray while i look for a small economical classic car to use on the road, not having an old car is like missing my left nut, the french cars have chassis problems and rust in buggers of places, and one sat for ten years caked up with sand after someone sugared the gas tank, paper thin mettal for miles that needs a very skilled welder to fix.

kazbanz, Jul 19, 3:51pm
l wish . Wouldn’t be working 7 days a week if l was