Utterly bizarre electrical issue.

Page 2 / 2
strobo, Nov 18, 11:11am
No i wouldn't think so as you say at that time the the light went out denoting a closed circuit ,ie all systems go.yet the sam light is not showing in this case.As i said earlier ive seen the wrong type of bulb fitted before on the indicator circuit and when the correct type fitted thereafter are problems.But check all plug connections,clean out etc ,did you test the combo sw at steering column with engine running?ie test at light unit plug + and to common ground?id be looking at the flasher/indy stand alone control module if it has one , in around behind the glove box fuse panel area ,myself .

bigfatmat1, Nov 18, 12:28pm
Kaz get the fault codes checked maybe a short in system or a its drawing excess current.

kazbanz, Nov 18, 3:17pm
Well the fix is almost as strange as the issue itself. I disconnected the battery. Then popped the combo switch off and cleaned all contacts. Cleaned battery terminals and reconnected the battery. That fixed the issue.

exwesty, Nov 18, 5:32pm
All good as long as you re entered the radio security code.

redhead18, Nov 18, 8:47pm
May be a bit like the brand new stereo i bought and fitted.
Someone left an interior light on. it started (just) and the stereo did not work and from there keys out and stereo draining battery.
Battery goes dread flat-[left sitting a few days] recharge dead battery and stereo works again as brand new.
Low voltage computer stereo senses low voltage .
May also have been combo switch contacts as per bigfatmat's post

kazbanz, Oct 22, 3:49pm
nahh its got a traffic radio only