Tyres

jaybee38, Mar 17, 5:00pm
Any opinions on Nankang tyres please for standard road driving on a small car.

intrade, Mar 17, 5:14pm
get jinyu-blacklion if you want the best at lowest price

gph1961, Mar 17, 5:47pm
or bamboo

realtrader1, Mar 17, 6:38pm
They will be very good. They have got a very good name and are lower priced. Not comparable to the big names but still very good.

clark20, Mar 17, 6:45pm
They will be fine

budgel, Mar 17, 7:03pm
I had them on my ute and was very happy with their grip and longevity.

johnny262, Mar 17, 7:21pm
I like Nangkangs. terrible tyres, but fun to say.

Typically hard wearing, at the expense of any real grip. So fine for normal driving, until it really matters, thats when the big names become worth their price tag.

But for some reason I still like them, I guess I'm weird?

intrade, Mar 17, 8:13pm

clark20, Mar 17, 8:42pm
What does that prove?

tygertung, Mar 17, 8:45pm
Yokohama A drive are really good. Cheap, grippy and last for ages. Not quite as cheap as super budget tyres though.

tamarillo, Mar 17, 9:17pm
No such thing as cheap quality. Your tyres may one day save you or another’s life, wet day, emergency manoeuvre, braking.
Get a brand name for a little more.

bwg11, Mar 17, 9:31pm
Agree 100%. My wife has always had quick cars, Swift Sports, Corolla GT's etc and drives them harder than necessary, and obviously goes through tyres. She always complains about the cost of premium tyres. Once I ask if she wants to stop inches away from the car in front which stops suddenly or the kid which runs out onto the road, she agrees.

kazbanz, Mar 18, 11:09am
I just don't know about that.
In the extreme world of motor racing I can see the need. But driving in a legal manner on NZ roads I don't know that the average modern car is able to exeed the grip offered by a mid range tyre. Even taking harsh evasive action.

poppy62, Mar 18, 2:22pm
With the standard of driving in NZ, dropping by the day and the Politicians dropping road speeds to compensate. The need for brand name tyres are probably an "Overkill". The poor state of the roads, hardly justifies the outlay for premium tyres, they are just as prone to damage as the budget ones.

martin11, Sep 1, 6:40pm
VTNZ who are doing the testing now in NZ are just giving away licences .One of their testing stations near Chch has not had a failure for the driving licence test in the last 12 months . Seems fishy