RB20DET question :D

flyze, Dec 5, 8:42am
okay, looking to find the best turbo upgrade for a 20det
would a T04E turbo be best or T04Z if i were to go with Garret !
any reccomendations with other branded turbos ! no cheap chinese ones too.!
cheers

trdbzr, Dec 5, 8:44am
whats been done to it so far and what will you be using it for!

hounddog2, Dec 5, 10:49am
rb25det turbo or upgrade engine learnt the hard way dont bother messing with a rb20det

1ollie, Dec 5, 1:23pm
The best could mean anything sorry man you needa be more specific! like what power are you aiming for, what mods do you allready have and what other suporting mods are you intending to do at the same time!
A T04E does not mean much as you can get well over 100 different sizes an styles(yes stay away from all the Chinese stuff its just not worth it) and a T04Z is going to be way to big I would say as they are for the 400-600kw mark.
You would be by far best to look at the likes of a Garrett GT3076R, Masterpower T04E or T56 or one of the new Borg Warner EFR series but used with the correct housings etc! as these will have you reasonable response yet the ability to make good power but anyway without any knowlege of what you are after its anyones guess.

1ollie, Dec 5, 1:29pm
LOL yeah yeah take the easy way out and buy a 25DET like everyone elce.

flyze, Dec 10, 7:37am
I am looking at a 300kw goal I was thinking the t04e Garret gt35/42 version! Just a question to ask before I start modifying the engine, turboes can be a real hassle when it comes to choosing the right one to give me a decent amount of power without a ridiculous lag time. Thanks! But no 25dets sorry they're more prone to self exploding than 20s haha I'll start with a 20 then go 26, 25s an odd number ;) haha

sw20, Dec 10, 7:42am
Honestly, just sell it and buy a GTR. For the silly money that people pay for GTS-ts you may as well flick it on, and buy a GTR and spend less than upgrading a GTS-t.