Helmet question

Sksk, May 17, 8:56pm
Looking for a helmet for my first ever quadbike :o) Are there any specifics that I need to look out for! Any standards that need to be adhered to when it coems to helmets or just any brand will do! Also, where can I find one with some nice designs on it :p TIA

hounddog2, May 17, 9:00pm
Is it a farm quad or more of a sporty race model

Sksk, May 17, 9:14pm
farm quad (to be used on the beach).

kazbanz, May 17, 9:36pm
For quad riding I still use a MX helmet and goggles -or at least plastic lens sunglasses.Yes falling off is an issue to be concerned about but so is sand in the eyes or bits of tree branch etc in the eyes.
I must say I'm not super fussy brand wise
Go to cycletreads over the shore --they have as extensive a range of lids as anyone else

i-n-horz, May 17, 9:46pm
Be sure to buy new.the helmet will then shape itself to fit your head.buy with a fairly firm and snug fit it will loosen up a little with use.
Open face or full face the choice is yours.I have both.open face for beautiful summer days just putt'n round locally.full face for variable weather conditions, faster and longer distance riding, although an accident can happen in any condition and both helmets have their + & - the choice is yours and what you feel comfortable with.

tonyrockyhorror, May 17, 9:46pm
I would advise you stick to reputable brand that meets the same standards as required to be legal on the road or standards prescribed by a NZ body. Otherwise you might find the chin strap is just double-sided taped in.
http://www.nzta.govt.nz/resources/factsheets/43/mopeds.html#mot

martin11, May 17, 9:48pm
Do not forget the Beach is a public place and the cops can issue tickets if the bike is not reg and warrented

richardmayes, May 17, 9:51pm
You can find plenty of helmet on Ladies' Bay beach in St Heliers most days.

tonyrockyhorror, May 17, 9:57pm
It's a road, by definition.

Sksk, May 17, 11:15pm
great.thanks so much everyone :o)

Sksk, May 18, 12:06am
okay.brainwave.one more question.if I got the helmet airbrushed for a design i wanted.will it interfere with the integrity / safety of the helmet! ie does airbrushing make a helmet less safer! TIA

gunhand, May 18, 5:59am
All the top racers have there helmets painted in thre own design after the helmet is constructed so no it shouldnt be any issue unless you use something far to potent that eats into the clear coats on helmets then down to the resin etc what there made of but most automotive paint will be just fine.

i-n-horz, May 18, 7:55am
I always paint me lids and doesn't seem to have had any ill effect as far as I can tell.colour!.matt black of-course.