Nissan e13 engines

Page 2 / 4
ginga4lyfe, Sep 5, 9:24pm
bolts straight in! does the engine also accept the original box! from what iv heard the ca and ga series bolt upto the boxes no problems!

jasongroves, Sep 5, 9:34pm
Apparently it pretty much bolts in.
Not sure about the gearbox, but the engine came with gearbox and axles to suit.
Got the lot for $100 off good old Graeme (Elvis58).bargain:)

richardmayes, Sep 6, 1:07am
You'll need something a bit more serious than an E13 to re-power your Triumph, dude.

ginga4lyfe, Sep 6, 2:00am
umm. I dont have the Triumph.I was talking about a 1986 b11 Nissan Sunny

ginga4lyfe, Sep 6, 5:37am
Bump for valve clearances!

jasongroves, Sep 6, 5:49am
0.28mm hot.

ginga4lyfe, Sep 6, 5:59am
Cheers, ill do that after the newcambelt is installed, not that it will make any differance

richardmayes, Sep 6, 6:26am
Jokes dude.

ginga4lyfe, Sep 6, 7:35am
Oh ok, fair enough then, haha

goulscout, Sep 6, 8:41am
im 99% sure you have herd wrong sorry but if your looking to repower why not go to an e15et, its a pretty simple comversion and the motors are pretty cheap normaly. it will bolt up to your box and uses the same mounts as its still an "e" series motor all you have to do is put a loom and ecu in and change a few fuel lines and air hoses which really isnt a big deal . check out n12turbo.com for info on the conversion as lots of people in the forum have done it :)

ginga4lyfe, Sep 6, 9:03am
Haha, I thought of that, but really were would i be able to get a e15t! that like looking for a needle in a haystack, and i had another look around on the nissanforums, and there is a dude on there that says the b11's gearbox will for the ga16de, he personally have a sr20ve in his one, and from what iv seen its NUTS

mantagsi, Sep 6, 9:18am
Man, E15ET's used to be so common, I wonder whats gonna happen when all us lot who had sporty jappas in the early 90's are gonna do when we are old and rich! It will be the 'missing generation' of cars. Grandad has his vintages, dad has his muscle cars, but us lot, all our old jappas are all gone now :( I know theres still heaps of E15ETs in Aussie. I helped transplant an old carb turbo CA18 into an N12 pulsar milano that had a dead E15ET in, and apart from one engine mount being a fraction short it bolted in and sat nicely, gearbox and all. Can't remember how we managed the half shafts though but I do remember it wasn't too hard

jasongroves, Sep 6, 9:18am
The blue one!
Has had a few engines.all have been excellent.
There's actually some pretty quick B11's out there.
Obviously not the most desirable Nissan but damn easy to work on and parts are shared between different models.
Shame that the E series motor is so prone to cracking heads, or I would have gone for an E15ET myself.
Plus, GA series parts are piss easy to come by.

mantagsi, Sep 6, 9:19am
oh also the E15ET gearbox is pretty weak, try not to be too hard on one if you ever get one. They are a bit easy to explode

jasongroves, Sep 6, 9:27am
The E15ET produced 115 hp (86 kW) according to Wiki, which for the amount of extra work required with wiring, fuel pumps etc etc is wasnt worth it for me.
Again from Wiki:).GA16DS only puts out around 70 kW, 95 hp but is a very simple carby conversion.
Plus the GA has a few more valves and an extra set of cams to play with:)
Definitely not the conversion I would choose if I had plenty of $$ to play with but a good budget option for me.

mantagsi, Sep 6, 9:30am
did you guys ever see any of the weird red rocker cover E15 turbos! Kinda looked like a big Nissan March MA10ERT twin charged motor, except minus the supercharger. supposed to be quite a bit gutsier than the standard black engines that us and the aussies got. also check out www.n12turbo.com, some neat cars there

jasongroves, Sep 6, 9:40am
If I had the money, I would be chucking in a SR16VE:)

jasongroves, Sep 6, 9:42am

ginga4lyfe, Sep 6, 12:25pm
same! Im gunna keep the current car original i think, but if i do manage to get hold of another b11 or n12 I think i may strip it down and find a later gruntyer engine for it :P , at this moment though, little money and needing a car to get around confines me to not very much working space haha

morrisman1, Sep 6, 12:31pm
I havn't ever driven the sr16ve but from what I am aware it is not that fast unless you ring it out, much like the honda vtec I guess. They are potent little engines but I personally prefer having a huge midrange to a peaky top end. On the road most of the time if you need power it is pulling up a hill or passing and in both those situations you are using the 4000-6000 band, well for hills anyway. Passing people its always good to clean out the cobwebs

jasongroves, Sep 7, 12:32am
Good points morryman.
I just want one for the hell of it.ringing the tits off it in a sub 900kg car sounds like a bit of a larf:)

richardmayes, Sep 7, 1:07am
You'll need something a bit more serious than an E13 to re-power your Triumph, dude.

ginga4lyfe, Sep 7, 9:03am
Haha, I thought of that, but really were would i be able to get a e15t! that like looking for a needle in a haystack, and i had another look around on the nissanforums, and there is a dude on there that says the b11's gearbox will for the ga16de, he personally have a sr20ve in his one, and from what iv seen its NUTS

mantagsi, Sep 7, 9:18am
Man, E15ET's used to be so common, I wonder whats gonna happen when all us lot who had sporty jappas in the early 90's are gonna do when we are old and rich! It will be the 'missing generation' of cars. Grandad has his vintages, dad has his muscle cars, but us lot, all our old jappas are all gone now :( I know theres still heaps of E15ETs in Aussie. I helped transplant an old carb turbo CA18 into an N12 pulsar milano that had a dead E15ET in, and apart from one engine mount being a fraction short it bolted in and sat nicely, gearbox and all. Can't remember how we managed the half shafts though but I do remember it wasn't too hard

jasongroves, Sep 7, 9:18am
The blue one!
Has had a few engines.all have been excellent.
There's actually some pretty quick B11's out there.
Obviously not the most desirable Nissan but damn easy to work on and parts are shared between different models.
Shame that the E series motor is so prone to cracking heads, or I would have gone for an E15ET myself.
Plus, GA series parts are piss easy to come by.