Nissan e13 engines

Page 3 / 4
goulscout, Sep 7, 10:30am
the rrc (red rocker cover) motor is mainly desired because of the inlet manifold that it the only real differance between them and the normal e15et , oh other than the injectors are 5cc more which is nothing really as for them being rear and expensive i have bought 3 on trademe so far and all for under $100 they get listed under silly things, 2 of mine i have found under the interior section in the nissan listings :S

ginga4lyfe, Sep 7, 10:48am
you got the engines or the Injectors under random places!, and yeah i have been keeping an eye out for e15's but none here atm

mantagsi, Sep 7, 10:50am
Ah cheers for that :) clears that one up nicely!

jasongroves, Sep 7, 10:59am
Got a spare one! Im in Dunedin too;)

jasongroves, Sep 7, 11:13am

ginga4lyfe, Sep 7, 11:46am
You legend! that saved me HEAPS of time, I kinda guessed those timming marks were at there right places, but better to be safe than sorry!, I say that as i had started removing the cam belt covers and stuff ( and struggled to get the main pully bolt off! ) but now that everything is prepped, it should be relatively easy to remove the tentioner and replace the belt and tentioner

jasongroves, Sep 7, 11:55am
No worries.
Got a workshop manual here too.just in case:)

morrisman1, Sep 7, 12:31pm
I havn't ever driven the sr16ve but from what I am aware it is not that fast unless you ring it out, much like the honda vtec I guess. They are potent little engines but I personally prefer having a huge midrange to a peaky top end. On the road most of the time if you need power it is pulling up a hill or passing and in both those situations you are using the 4000-6000 band, well for hills anyway. Passing people its always good to clean out the cobwebs

ginga4lyfe, Sep 7, 9:55pm
So much for a quick job, I get there first thing this morning, after telling me they had the right parts in stock( over the phone 3 days ago, i put a hold on the belt and ordered the bearing in), the cambelt wasnt in stock, and the bearing that was ordered in was the right box and part number, but the bearing itself was the wrong bearing and part number, now i have to wait till 3 to get my parts.

jasongroves, Sep 7, 11:45pm
Wankers.Supercheap!

ginga4lyfe, Sep 8, 2:30am
IM sticking to autoone,they seam to be the cheapest, I wouldnt touch supercrap with yours in my opinion, mind you i hadnt tried BNT or autostop or similar places.

goulscout, Sep 8, 5:32am
im keeping the blocks and heads as spears sorry but i have got spears manifolds etc if you want to turbo or inject a carby one

ginga4lyfe, Sep 8, 6:28am
Finally done,autoone ordered in the parts,but only the cambelt arrived, so i drove around manukau trying to find a idler bearing, and only BNT had one left, so i nabbed it, a bit annoyed that it cost me more that the bearing was gunna cost at autoone, but at leased the car is running now, and i hope i tensioned the bearing correctly, and now its just a general service and water pump i gotta do next week haha

jasongroves, Sep 8, 6:44am
Good man.

ginga4lyfe, Sep 8, 7:26am
I must say, doing it in vehicle puts a differant dimention on the job altogether, but the job itself in car is as easy as doing the sw20's 3sge and Mitsi 1500 cyclone engine on the same plane outside of their vehicles, so im quite happy that this was done, I reakon i could get the whole job done in 45 minutes next time so long as i had the parts before hand!( and thats with out workshop tools like a rattle gun ) haha

ginga4lyfe, Sep 8, 10:48am
you got the engines or the Injectors under random places!, and yeah i have been keeping an eye out for e15's but none here atm

ginga4lyfe, Sep 9, 7:26am
I must say, doing it in vehicle puts a differant dimention on the job altogether, but the job itself in car is as easy as doing the sw20's 3sge and Mitsi 1500 cyclone engine on the same plane outside of their vehicles, so im quite happy that this was done, I reakon i could get the whole job done in 45 minutes next time so long as i had the parts before hand!( and thats with out workshop tools like a rattle gun ) haha

ginga4lyfe, Sep 17, 10:05am
Done the water pump, i had thought the waterpump was nackered after i had done the cambelt and it sounded like the water pump was dry and whining when warmed up, turns out, it wasnt the case, the cambelt tentioner was slightly too tight and the cambelt itself was making the noise,i also found that the car was idling at 1200 rpm to i nipped it down to 750 rpm (love my multimeter ) now she seams to run perfect and quiet, only problem i have found now it that under light acceleration is sort of stutters , not a major problem though, I guess next on my list of to do is to install new oil+oil filter and plugs and contacts all around , just the cheap things now haha

ginga4lyfe, Sep 17, 11:20am
so for an inquisitive mind, what could be the cause to this slight hesitation/studder while im acceleration ( Bump! )

ginga4lyfe, Sep 18, 1:12am
can anyone confirm that the Ign timing is at 2 degrees btdc!

andy61, Sep 18, 9:48am
They did that from new,I had a 89 Sentra 1.3 with 8000kms(9months old),I took it to the agents,and they said it is normal,nothing would get rid of it. I hated that car and got rid of it,preferred the 83 Civic I traded it for.

jasongroves, Sep 18, 10:50am
At idle with vacuum disconnected and plugged, 0-4° BTDC

amir_s_kasim, Oct 24, 9:16am
hi there every one... could anybody help me to source for e13 workshop manual? hv been looking for it for ages... I hv tried to click to Driver_jasongroves' links but all of them are broken link... please.. any body could help me> please email me at syarifuddin_at_utem.edu.my

jasongroves, Sep 2, 10:43am
Yep, interference.I have a couple of Sunny's:)
I got plenty of spares;)

ginga4lyfe, Sep 2, 10:46am
Oh Nasty, Im wandering because after finding the shredded fan belt in the engine bay and then when trying to replace the belt and the tentioner bolt's head snapped off i started wandering on when last the cambelt was last done, it was a PITA too, because i pulled the alternator out to find that the bearings were rooted in the alt, and it wasnt charging properly, I priced up the parts on the phone at appco then when i get to appco they wanted an extra 100 bucks ontop "because they didnt quote the correct part number" so i ended up paying 20 bucks less for a New alternator than the parts combined. My 600 dollar car turned into a 800 dollar car quickly. but atleased im happy with it. and a damn good find in todays ecconomy